The Student Room Group

Deferred entry

Hey! So I want to apply to do the Modern and Medieval languages course at Cambridge University and I've always been certain that I would take a year out and then go to uni.

But lately my excitement to do even more german has grown and grown and now I'm really not sure if I want deferred entry or not.

Does anyone know if I applied for deferred entry for this course (I would spend a large chunk of this year out in Germany practicing my language) whether i'd be at all disadvantaging myself?

Also if I applied to a uni for normal entry and got accepted (slightly hopeful), is there anyway you can defer your entry then if you change your mind about about the timing and really feel like you need a year out?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by H4nn4h_R
Hey! So I want to apply to do the Modern and Medieval languages course at Cambridge University and I've always been certain that I would take a year out and then go to uni.

But lately my excitement to do even more german has grown and grown and now I'm really not sure if I want deferred entry or not.

Does anyone know if I applied for deferred entry for this course (I would spend a large chunk of this year out in Germany practicing my language) whether i'd be at all disadvantaging myself?

Also if I applied to a uni for normal entry and got accepted (slightly hopeful), is there anyway you can defer your entry then if you change your mind about about the timing and really feel like you need a year out?

Thanks!

It doesn't disadvantage you at all to make a deferred application. The only course that sometimes isn't so keen is Maths.

And yes you can ask a university to allow you defer. They will *usually* agree. It's best not to leave it until the last minute though. I.e. it's much better to request it in advance of Results Day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
It doesn't disadvantage you at all to make a deferred application. The only course that sometimes isn't so keen is Maths.

And yes you can ask a university to allow you defer. They will *usually* agree. It's best not to leave it until the last minute though. I.e. it's much better to request it in advance of Results Day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah okay thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending