The Student Room Group

A2 or college?!

I've just finished first year AS in Biology Psychology Law and French and I absolutely hated it. I want to do a paramedic science course in uni but I know I haven't achieved good grades this year and don't want to wait until results day to sort my plan out. I've been looking at Level 3 Medical Science BTEC extended courses at college but don't know if this is a good idea as I will be a year behind everyone else and would have pretty much wasted a year doing AS levels in sixth form?? The college course can be worth up to 360 UCAS points if completed
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by csb_
I've just finished first year AS in Biology Psychology Law and French and I absolutely hated it. I want to do a paramedic science course in uni but I know I haven't achieved good grades this year and don't want to wait until results day to sort my plan out. I've been looking at Level 3 Medical Science BTEC extended courses at college but don't know if this is a good idea as I will be a year behind everyone else and would have pretty much wasted a year doing AS levels in sixth form?? The college course can be worth up to 360 UCAS points if completed

If being a year behind is your only worry, it's definitely not an issue! I completely messed up my AS levels 2 years ago and got EEUU. Slightly different to your situation because I thought I'd scraped through to A2. I hated 3/4 of my subjects though - I was doing Chem, Bio, Maths and Psychology and only liked Psych. Ended up at a different college doing different subjects (Psych with a different exam board, Sociology and Film Studies). Now I have a conditional place at Cardiff and am waiting on A2 results. It's not a wasted year if you have learned something, and you have learned that those subjects are not for you! Also you have picked up on revision techniques etc.

Don't give up on that university dream, and best of luck! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Nothing wrong with being 1 year behind nor should you go around calling large moments of your life a "waste of time". I will be 4 years behind the average person going to university because I changed my mind a lot as well and hated my former subjects, but I'm glad with how things are turning out.

Do what'll make you happy.
I'm going back to college in the next academic year and I'll be two years behind. I had to drop out halfway through my last course thanks to health and then took a year out but I don't consider any of this wasted time. I learned valuable skills and gained knowledge in both years. It's not a big deal just go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest