Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Having strong attractions but being celibate-weird?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I just want to know people's advice on this. I get sexual longings towards beautiful women, people seem to think I must be picky or have negative views of womens attractiveness(I am not, I don't). I have been told I'm not bad, don't believe it necessarily. I am used, for various reasons, to denial, conditioned in a way. My way of dealing with what I sometimes feel as overwhelming emotion plus physical longing, is to try and shut it off. If I look or let the feeling continue I know it is torment, because I want her body, but also emotions too, and I know also the script in my head, I am so used to women being cold and calculating, I have become demoralised. So I try and rid myself of the urge, it's tough. Then I also want to not have a child, so I feel longings but also a real natural longing to make love with no condom, but I know I will have to to not have a kid. I take the responsibility and what I have to be as a Dad seriously, so think I cannot be a Dad, and also that my sex or romantic life will be over then. Is this common? What is going on with me? Everyone thinks it weird or even that I must be gay-I think younger women than the people who talk to me have much higher standards, and maybe I am too used to coldness. And then there is the conflict, the longing for that passion and closeness and natural, no condom love making,when I am attracted, vs the magnitude of having a kid. Do I just need to stop analysing myself, and be more engaged, more passionate, stop denying my emotions or longings, some have said I should go with the flow more, or is it wise? Am I missing a whole side to life, if my desires are this way and most people act on their sexuality? Am I letting past or individual experiences affect my whole approach? Am I too negative about the outcome or consequences? Am I underestimating how I could benefit from passion and intimacy? I tend to just think more sexual frustration might be there, and that I might have a kid and regret it. Here is the final issue. I have thought to get the real intimate feel, and no condom, plus no kid, I should have a vasectomy, then finally I can have the close relationship I want, I can pursue attractions more enthusiastically, I can experience the joy of what I'm missing out on without a child. But that is a big step.

Anyone have advice?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.