The Student Room Group

Which countries are NOT moving further to the Right?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oldercon1953
They may not have a Charter and a mission statement but they most certainly are a, " group". Their standards for acceptance are pretty low. All you need do to join is scrawl, " black lives matter ", on a piece of cardboard and you too can call for the death of policemen and if your lucky you can join the next group obama invites to the White House.

That's like calling feminism a group. A movement /= a group.
Most countries will continue to move to the right, until the right wing populist governments fail the people, everyone starts to hate them and we'll go back to the left. And the cycle goes on.

And there will always be far right or far left nut jobs spewing their **** on online forums regardless. (These days it's mostly right wing nut jobs)
Original post by WBZ144
And what are these stats based on? Posting pictures of a map proves nothing.

polling :|
Original post by WBZ144
That's like calling feminism a group. A movement /= a group.

Were the Black Panthers also a movement? Only in their own minds. In reality they were a , " group ", of thugs who never gained credibility, even with Blacks, whose message was violent revolution through urban warfare which is exactly what Black Lives Matter is calling for. I might add, as wrong headed as the Panthers were they at least were born out of a real need for progressive civil rights legislation. The blm people are riding a wave of nothing short of propaganda.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
*couldn't have :h:

*Haha no cares what you say! 😏
Original post by oldercon1953
Were the Black Panthers also a movement? Only in their own minds. In reality they were a , " group ", of thugs who never gained credibility, even with Blacks, whose message was violent revolution through urban warfare which is exactly what Black Lives Matter is calling for. I might add, as wrong headed as the Panthers were they at least were born out of a real need for progressive civil rights legislation. The blm people are riding a wave of nothing short of propaganda.

Just because the Black Panthers was a group doesn't mean BLM is. Like feminism, anyone anywhere can join the movement, it doesn’t requite membership of any sort.
Original post by WBZ144
Australia? The country where the right-wing Coalition had a recent win?

Denmark? The country that went from the Social Democratic Party to Venstre ?

I may not be familiar with the governments of all of those countries but it looks like you just picked random countries, thinking that I would know nothing of the political situation in any of them.

Because you seem to know very little anyway.

The recent "win" was a major seat loss for the coalition and a gain for Labor. How could you possibly say Australia is moving to the right instead of to the left?

Are you sure you know anything about Denmark? Last year, Social Democrats had a +3 whilst Ventres had a -13. How is that going from Social Democrats to Ventres?

It just seems like you're terribly misinformed in general. You know about very few countries, and even those you think you know about, you know nothing about them.
Original post by Rakas21
Not many western countries there.

Latin America is a part of the western world..."Western" =/= European
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Latin America is a part of the western world..."Western" =/= European

Latin America is generally not regarded as part of the west. Once your south of Mexico, your alien.
Original post by WBZ144

Right-wing parties seem to be gaining momentum in almost everywhere. Are we living in an increasingly intolerant world?

Funny, I've paid particular attention to politics in the last 5 years, and what Im observing is major intolerance from many left wingers - in particular the progressive "movement".

This is particularly dangerous because, "progressives" especially, have mastered the art of disguising racism, sexism and bigotry as tolerance towards minorities.

Its no longer as simple as Nazi waving his Nazi flag.
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Because you seem to know very little anyway.

The recent "win" was a major seat loss for the coalition and a gain for Labor. How could you possibly say Australia is moving to the right instead of to the left?

Are you sure you know anything about Denmark? Last year, Social Democrats had a +3 whilst Ventres had a -13. How is that going from Social Democrats to Ventres?

It just seems like you're terribly misinformed in general. You know about very few countries, and even those you think you know about, you know nothing about them.

You are the one who seems to know little or are being dishonest in an attempt to mislead me. The fact of the matter is that the Social Democrats lost, and now Venstre is the ruling party. Regardless of the seats gained by the SD, in the end the right-wing parties had the majority, so how does that qualify as Denmark not moving further to the Right?
Original post by Rakas21
Latin America is generally not regarded as part of the west. Once your south of Mexico, your alien.

Except it is...https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/western_world.htm

Latin America is heavily Christian, with heavy European and colonial roots. Geographically it's in the west. It's by every single definition a part of the western world.
Original post by WBZ144
Just because the Black Panthers was a group doesn't mean BLM is. Like feminism, anyone anywhere can join the movement, it doesn’t requite membership of any sort.

I just read the entire Wiki summary on BLM. To debate whether or not they are a group or a movement is silly. Wiki's description of their structure sounded identical to the way I've heard A.A., ( Alcoholics Anonymous ), described. I understand the desire to describe them as a " movement ", though. This word brings to mind all things positive; grassroots appeal, gaining ground, victories under their belt and shining future. Unfortunately BLM has destroyed, utterly, any chance it did have of being accepted into mainstream American political discourse and affecting any change when it repeatedly called for the killing of police,and publicly stating that one of their favorite tactics is to deprive peaceful people their right to Freedom Of Speech by use of mob violence.

These facts alone are enough to disqualify anyone from having a public voice in the U.S., but back in 2012 when the 3 founders were getting it together they failed to look around and see that nobody cared.

It was much easier to convince young blacks that they were victims in the 60's then it is in 2016. Between working at middle class jobs to make house and new car payments few Blacks have time for BLM nonsense. In fact, so few blacks are involved that BLM has to put out public appeals for demonstrators.
Original post by Galaxie501
Funny, I've paid particular attention to politics in the last 5 years, and what Im observing is major intolerance from many left wingers - in particular the progressive "movement".

This is particularly dangerous because, "progressives" especially, have mastered the art of disguising racism, sexism and bigotry as tolerance towards minorities.

Its no longer as simple as Nazi waving his Nazi flag.

Bingo. You nailed it.
Original post by WBZ144
You are the one who seems to know little or are being dishonest in an attempt to mislead me. The fact of the matter is that the Social Democrats lost, and now Venstre is the ruling party. Regardless of the seats gained by the SD, in the end the right-wing parties had the majority, so how does that qualify as Denmark not moving further to the Right?

It's not that black and white - total seats were very close but SDP became the largest party.
Original post by WBZ144
Other than Canada, that is?

After the disaster yesterday in Turkey (which my Turkish friends believe to be staged), it is inevitable that Erdogan will cease more power and spread conservatism throughout Turkey to a greater degree.

Right-wing parties seem to be gaining momentum in almost everywhere. Are we living in an increasingly intolerant world?

Such a blanket statement is false to make. Conservatism as an ideology is not homogenous in its make up and nor is it unique across the board. Erdogan's policies in Turkey have aspects of both left and right-wing ideas.
Original post by Rakas21
Not many western countries there.

How is Chile, Mexico and Colombia not west???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending