Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Training Contract Application (UK Transfer Degree) HELP!

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all!

    I've got a question about filling out the Undergrad degree section of TC applications. I've studied the first two years of my LLB at an overseas uni and transferred to a Russell Group uni to wrap up my final year. My degree will be from the RG uni.

    Should I mention my overseas uni or just list the RG uni? I'm afraid mentioning my overseas uni will make it less impressive. As a side note, I was on the Dean's Honor Roll both years and am a predicted First with extensive work experience and extracurriculars.

    Are upper tier law firms likely to ask for actual transcripts during interviews? Should I put down my overseas uni and mention its the second best law school in the entire country (it is)?
    What can I do to get my foot in the door, so to speak?
    Appreciate any help!
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.