The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Should I apply to UCL (econ and stats) with these grades?

I'm hoping to apply to UCL this year for economics and statistics but my predicted grades aren't very good. Firstly, I'm only doing three A levels and I have heard that UCL prefers those with four. Also, my predicted grades are A*AA (maths, further maths and economics) and it seems that since the economics and statistics course is so hard to get into that most of the successful applicants are predicted all A*s. So can I still get into UCL with these grades? Also, it may be possible for me to improve my economics precision to an A* but will this help me get an offer?
Reply 1
As far as I know, you can still get into UCL with three A-Levels.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
The UCL website asks for minimum grades of A*AA with an A* in Mathematics or AAA with AA in Maths, Further Maths and another subject. You definitely have a shot.
Reply 3
Original post by YoFadda
I'm hoping to apply to UCL this year for economics and statistics but my predicted grades aren't very good. Firstly, I'm only doing three A levels and I have heard that UCL prefers those with four. Also, my predicted grades are A*AA (maths, further maths and economics) and it seems that since the economics and statistics course is so hard to get into that most of the successful applicants are predicted all A*s. So can I still get into UCL with these grades? Also, it may be possible for me to improve my economics precision to an A* but will this help me get an offer?

Btw, if you can get your teacher to improve your predictions, might as well give that a shot. But most importantly focus on the personal statement and do a lot of wider reading. That's what I'll be doing now to try and improve my personal statement.
I know somebody who has received an offer for that course with A*AA predictions, with those exact subject. Your GCSE grades will also be a deciding factor, along with your PS.
Original post by YoFadda

I was in almost the same position as you. I took 3 A Levels (Maths, FM, Econ) and was predicted AAA* respectively. In year 12 I got an A in full A Level Maths and a B in AS Econ. GCSEs 8A* 2A, idk if they really matter though?

I've got an offer for Statistics, Economics and Finance (AAA).

So don't panic, you've got a great chance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending