The Student Room Group

Gothic literature

I was wondering on how to improve your writing to get it to a level 7a
I had a family member wanting help who is in year 9 and is a level 6b -on writing a creative description on a haunted house for maybe a gothic story / literature anybody able to help or give an example to show how a level 7a looks like of a haunted house or the image i attatched a description not a story thank you if you can help for a help a year 9 student to achieve level
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
1468685191854-1183037787.jpg
Original post by Xylo243
I was wondering on how to improve your writing to get it to a level 7a
I had a family member wanting help who is in year 9 and is a level 6b -on writing a creative description on a haunted house for maybe a gothic story / literature anybody able to help or give an example to show how a level 7a looks like of a haunted house or the image i attatched a description not a story thank you if you can help for a help a year 9 student to achieve level

The best way to improve is to write your task out and get someone to mark it. I'll be happy to mark it and show you what you're doing right and what you need to improve.

I am surprised your school is still using levels at KS3 though!
Reply 3
[QUOTE="Odyssey;66470512" The="The" Empire="Empire"]The best way to improve is to write your task out and get someone to mark it. I'll be happy to mark it and show you what you're doing right and what you need to improve.

I am surprised your school is still using levels at KS3 though![/QUOTE
Ok but not done a lot
It was dark and gloomy. The sound that unmistakenable rattled my windows. As I looked through them, out in the yard, my dog was still. Another crackled filled the air and I knew the storm approached. It reminded me of being scared, as a kid, still.I had a torch which was leading the way the only thing i had to keep me company.I had heard about this house, i needed to know.
Needed to know if there was really an old man bill that killed children......

There i was with my best friend Torch when the light started flickering as it was its last seconds to live. Then suddenly i was in complete darkness. The only thing that could be seen by me was my fluorescent jacket
Not finished can you tell how to improve level what to write next to make it really interesting and to go on about the description of the house and finish it thanks for the reply
Reply 4
sorry but that was the wrong one
It was dark and gloomy. The house was gradually coming into view. Pushing the heavy gates open the touch of the iron bars, as cold as ice, seized up my hand completely. Even though I could feel the unevenness of the old cobbled path beneath me, they were smooth in contrast to the crunching of the odd dead leaf that I stepped on. I had a torch which was leading the way the only thing i had to keep me company. I had heard about this house, i needed to know. Needed to know if there was really a ghost ,old man bill that killed children...... new paragraph
Carrying on up the path the grass carried on forever into the horizon, a dull grey color as if it had lost the will to live and stopped growing altogether. There it was. The so called haunted House. I stood, still and silent, gazing in awe at the monstrosity before me. new paragraph
Is this house really haunted? I wondered. I could hear noises which I had never came across in my life. My throat tightened due to the thick dust drifting through the gentle wind. Dark shadows lurked in the still air, along with the faint smell of death that hung in the chilled darkness of night. Whispers of lost voices echoed all around, creating a gloomy ambiance. new paragraph
Before me, was a sight many would hope to forget. The house itself was in dreadful shape, it was heavily dilapidated. There were icicles hanging down from the roof like frozen teeth bared by a cold and heartless beast. A thick blanket of dust also lay still on top of the roof, moving only to allow the odd speck of dust to slip away from it's support and come tumbling down to the ground. I saw something in the corner of my eye in which was moving fast I didn’t know what it was and I didn’t dare to check. Before I could look back there was a shocking fear feeling going through me there was no way back. As the house drew nearer everything around me became quieter and more distant. The trees murmuring couldn’t be heard anymore and the cold iron gates were far, far back in the distance. Owls couldn’t be heard anymore and there were no leaves on the ground. I didn’t notice. I was not alone. There stood the old crooked doorway with the doors cavernous mouth, looking down on me waiting for when I was going to enter. Waiting to draw me in or eat me. new paragraph

The door had been left ajar perhaps for many years, or maybe someone was already in there. From the outside, the house was very spacious, made from large grey stones that had a rough feel all of this sandwiched together by crumbling cement. The windows rattled vigorously from the howling wind, as though they were about to fall out of the frames which were made from rotting wood being eaten away by wood worm. A few potted plants lay next to the door, once there for neat presentation now wilted and brown, almost certainly dead. The door had been left ajar perhaps for many years, or maybe someone was already in there.all i have done so far
its not finished please can you mark this as soon as possible its due in tomorrow VG@�q��
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending