The Student Room Group

Tesco flexi contract

my contracted days is 3 nights a week but ive been doing 5 nights a week for months now ( basically always going to be 5 nights) they dont ask they just expect me to be in for the 2 overtime. I told them the other week i couldnt do it and they said you have to book a holiday for them and if im not going to come in for the 2 nights then ill have to call in sick and maybe fired... (wasnt fired)

anyway I cant do 5 nights anymore as its literally destroying my social life, i mean occassionally i wouldnt mind but not every week... also some weeks i want to see my family (live 200 miles away with girlfriend)

Oh and if you want to book a holiday itll have to be for next year as they get booked up! no thanks i aint waiting a year to see family

do i have any rights on refusing to do overtime? last resort ill quit but I wouldnt mind just doing my orignal days
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Joshale
my contracted days is 3 nights a week but ive been doing 5 nights a week for months now ( basically always going to be 5 nights) they dont ask they just expect me to be in for the 2 overtime. I told them the other week i couldnt do it and they said you have to book a holiday for them and if im not going to come in for the 2 nights then ill have to call in sick and maybe fired... (wasnt fired)

anyway I cant do 5 nights anymore as its literally destroying my social life, i mean occassionally i wouldnt mind but not every week... also some weeks i want to see my family (live 200 miles away with girlfriend)

Oh and if you want to book a holiday itll have to be for next year as they get booked up! no thanks i aint waiting a year to see family

do i have any rights on refusing to do overtime? last resort ill quit but I wouldnt mind just doing my orignal days

They are just giving empty threats. You dont have to do anything you didnt sign up for when you took the job
Original post by Joshale

I used to work for Tesco night shifts so I was in the exact position....literally killing my social life.

With the flexi contract you are contracted three, but they can ask you to do upto five a week and you cant reguse which i hated. But they must give u atleast 24 hours notice to do an overtime shift.

You yourself can go to another Tesco without telling the tesco you work in and ask the manager if they have any vacancies. That manager can get you to transfer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by GothicShield
I used to work for Tesco night shifts so I was in the exact position....literally killing my social life.

With the flexi contract you are contracted three, but they can ask you to do upto five a week and you cant reguse which i hated. But they must give u atleast 24 hours notice to do an overtime shift.

You yourself can go to another Tesco without telling the tesco you work in and ask the manager if they have any vacancies. That manager can get you to transfer

Posted from TSR Mobile

my social and myself personally is being burnt from this, all i seem to do is sleep and work.

they dont ask now, they basically said to do monday and thursday all the time now, and when i said i couldnt do a monday last week my boss was like wtf and you need to book it off as a holiday in future... stupid asf ive asked to switch to dotcom, even though its the same wiith 5 days, at least I can have a social life and go out for a drink and sober in time etc, asked about 3 weeks ago and still waiting though😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending