The Student Room Group

How privileged are you?

Scroll to see replies

31/100 - not privileged at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 34908seikj

What a ******** test. It took so long I think I've developed the autism. I guess am just anuva' whiteboi smh

79 points! i got 27! can we please swap points!
Original post by PrincessBO$$
79 points! i got 27! can we please swap points!

B... But I like my privilege :frown: I'll give you like 9 points smh
B... But I like my privilege :frown: I'll give you like 9 points smh

Don't be selfish and give me 40 points so i have 67 points :h:
Don't be selfish and give me 40 points so i have 67 points :h:

Okay okay, best I can do is 23 points. Take it or leave it.
Okay okay, best I can do is 23 points. Take it or leave it.

We have a deal! :u:

Spoiler

We have a deal! :u:

Spoiler

Am I good businessman? I'm a ****ing charity worker. I gave 23 hypothetical, arbitrary privilege points away for nothing in return :frown:
Quite privileged 60/100

I expected as much, because my mum has always been financially secure and so I've never had to worry about money. However, I'm still a bisexual woman who was raised in a single parent family so I don't know how much that made a difference.
How Privileged Are You?

You live with 83 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re among the most privileged people in the world. We don’t live in an ideal world, but you happened to be born into an ideal lot. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. It just means a lot of other people in the world don’t live life with the advantages you have, and that’s something you should always be aware of. Hey, the fact that you took the time and effort to check your privilege means that you’re already trying.

White British Christian female here. Not sure I'd agree I'm "the most privileged" as I was designated but I will admit I've had a largely comfortable life. Not sure this is a particularly valid assessment of so-called privilege though.
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 79/100 so I'm quite privileged but I felt the religious questions were hard to answer given I don't have a religion ?!
I legit rolled my eyes when I saw the link was to Buzzfeed
I like how the first question was "are you white"..... ???
Original post by serenelim
I like how the first question was "are you white"..... ???

It's a very US-focused survey. I'm not sure that would be the correct question one on a UK survey. The question of class is also kind of hinted at in the survey but not addressed full on - this is a symptom of the usual confusion and evasion that the subject of class attracts in the USA, they like to pretend class is not a real thing, even when it's stuck right in their faces.
You live with 66 out of 100 points of privilege.
You're quite privileged. You've had a few struggles, but overall your life has been far easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don't have them. Thank you for checking your privilege.
I live with 78/100 points of privilege

Quick Reply

Latest