The Student Room Group

how to not fail my gcses??

im going from year 10 to 11 and im seriously worried about my grades how do i improve and remember everything??
Practise and dedication. Just write everything you learn down, at least that's what I did. Don't slack off this summer, self-teach the subjects you take.

For memorising things, have you tired Q/A cards? I never used them but my sister said they help a lot.
Original post by mm321
im going from year 10 to 11 and im seriously worried about my grades how do i improve and remember everything??

just try your hardest- trust me you wont fail if you put in the effort and hardwork, besides gcse are easy, but dont be complacent
GCSE's are easy, they can be remember the night beforehand - just make sure you pay attention during the year so you have something to remember..
Original post by mm321

One word:

Spoiler

What did you get in your GCSEs if I may ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naomeyz_01
What did you get in your GCSEs if I may ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They haven't done their GCSE's...
Firstly, you need to find or what type of learner you are and use revision tips for that learning style.Get the specifications of all your subjects;it tell you exactly what you need to know for the exam so you don't waste time learning what you don't need. From the spec make notes or flashcards then keep on going over it until you know it.If you're a visual learner posters and diagrams may also help. If you're an auditory leaner you can make your own mini pod casts and listen to it on the bus or whenever you're free.The most important thing is to do past papers. For essay subjects like history learn how to structure your answers for top marks. For science based subjects you need to memorise all the answers you got wrong...they recycle the questions,so if you memorise the mark scheme answer you won't get it wrong again.
Original post by mm321

Revise. As much as you can without getting mental health issues :smile:

Use que cards, posters, post-it notes all over your room and use COLOUR.

Also, don't just copy the textbook. Cut it down to what you need.
Reply 9
If a question is too hard don't be afraid to use common sense.
What subjects are you taking?

But in general, revise. use past papers and utilise your teachers!
If you have key-words to learn, then use flash cards, they're very good for memorisation :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Wordsaredeadly
Firstly, you need to find or what type of learner you are and use revision tips for that learning style.Get the specifications of all your subjects;it tell you exactly what you need to know for the exam so you don't waste time learning what you don't need. From the spec make notes or flashcards then keep on going over it until you know it.If you're a visual learner posters and diagrams may also help. If you're an auditory leaner you can make your own mini pod casts and listen to it on the bus or whenever you're free.The most important thing is to do past papers. For essay subjects like history learn how to structure your answers for top marks. For science based subjects you need to memorise all the answers you got wrong...they recycle the questions,so if you memorise the mark scheme answer you won't get it wrong again.

Thank you xx
Reply 12
Original post by Gogregg
What subjects are you taking?

But in general, revise. use past papers and utilise your teachers!
If you have key-words to learn, then use flash cards, they're very good for memorisation :smile:

French Geography History Art
but im more worried about maths and english??
are you ****ing clapped my guy

Quick Reply

Latest