The Student Room Group

Changing my working hours

I currently work at primark at the weekends, 230-630 on a Saturday and 1-5 on a Sunday. I have been working there for about 3 months and was wondering how easy it will be for me to change my Saturday hours to a morning shift? Preferably I would like either a 9-1 or 10-2 shift and if that's not possible then for all my 8 hours to be done on a Sunday, so I would work 9-5 just on a Sunday.
I can't do the afternoon Saturday shift anymore due to travel arrangements so moving the hours would make it a lot easier for me to get to work.
Does anyone know or have any experience on how I do this? Do I ask my supervisor or manager or HR, and will I have to give a written explanation?

Any help will be much appreciated.m, thank you.
Original post by ciaralucy

Yes, ask your Supervisor.
I think just asking your supervisor or manager and just explaining the situation to them could probably do it. You just have to reiterate that you don't want to quit, you want to work around the problem you're having.
I work at Primark as well and you need to speak to HR, the managers and supervisors can't do anything about it.. They only handle the floor stuff not what happens with peoples hours. It's also HR that you need to speak to regarding references when you leave =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending