The Student Room Group

CoffeeAndPolitics's Summer Bucket List 2016

:lfc: CoffeeAndPolitics's Summer Bucket List :lfc:

As this is a very popular competition, I have decided to give it a go myself. This will enable me to make a list of things I aim to do during the Summer and closely keep track of how I'm doing.

1) Prepare notes for all subjects
- This will come in handy for GCSE revision as I don't need to make notes from scratch and it will save me a lot of time.

2) Do some holiday/voluntary work
- Having done work experience this year, I'm very keen to do some work whether that is a weekend job or a voluntary job for about a week or two.

3) Get out more and do more exercise
- I hate to say but I'm feel very guilty about doing very little exercise etc and maybe I can achieve this with Pokemon Go, lol.

4) Write at least 2 special posts for my blog on Wordpress- I have been quite inconsistent with my blog on Wordpress due to external issues but I hope to write up a few special posts.

5) Buy some stationary and some additional books for Year 11
- I need to stock up on some stationary and buy a few additional books - Mainly for English on poems etc.

6) Start preparing a new GYG thread for Year 11
- Self explanatory ...

Updated - 17/07/16

Key:
Green - Completed
Amber - In Progress
Red - Not Completed

(edited 6 years ago)
Yay stationery :woo:
Reply 2
Update 28/07/16

Recently, I have been very busy dealing with private family matters so I couldn't update you on my progress with my Summer Bucket list. I've deliberately made a 2nd account for Pokemon Go, just to catch Pikachu. Literally, why not? I'm currently on Level 4 and would've progressed further if I didn't run out of data. However, I'm glad that I don't pay a fortune for this sim only plan :P .
Reply 3
Original post by JTran38

:lfc:
CoffeeAndPolitics's Summer Bucket List :lfc:

As this is a very popular competition, I have decided to give it a go myself. This will enable me to make a list of things I aim to do during the Summer and closely keep track of how I'm doing.

1) Prepare notes for all subjects
- This will come in handy for GCSE revision as I don't need to make notes from scratch and it will save me a lot of time.

2) Do some holiday/voluntary work
- Having done work experience this year, I'm very keen to do some work whether that is a weekend job or a voluntary job for about a week or two.

3) Get out more and do more exercise
- I hate to say but I'm feel very guilty about doing very little exercise etc and maybe I can achieve this with Pokemon Go, lol.

4) Write at least 2 special posts for my blog on Wordpress- I have been quite inconsistent with my blog on Wordpress due to external issues but I hope to write up a few special posts.

5) Buy some stationary and some additional books for Year 11
- I need to stock up on some stationary and buy a few additional books - Mainly for English on poems etc.

6) Start preparing a new GYG thread for Year 11
- Self explanatory ...

Updated - 17/07/16

Key:
Green - Completed
Amber - In Progress
Red - Not Completed

Good Luck with it all, that's a good list with lots of useful things on there . I would definitely recommend preparing notes and getting some volunteering work done it does wonders for your CV
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by LiiHyde
Good Luck with it all, that's a good list with lots of useful things on there . I would definitely recommend preparing notes and getting some volunteering work done it does wonders for your CV

Thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Update 08/08/16

Apologies for the very inconsistent update lately, I've been extremely busy lately with helping my aunt moving into her new place so it's been very hectic as of late. Today, I'm hoping to finally get started on my History H/W which is extremely long and start preparing notes for all subjects. I've still got a backlog to clear on Wordpress which I doubt I can get round to by today but will aim to do as much as possible.

* See the OP for current status of my Summer Bucket List.

Latest