Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Funding for nursing nhs

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have been to uni (totally took the wrong course for me ) used up 4 years student finance and came out with a HND . I am wanting to study nursing (wanted to do this from the start but pushed into doing something unrelatable). I have a job in community health care and would like to live at home and study nursing while working part time ( I would give the job up if needed to study) . I do have the money to pay for travel etc it's just the tuition fees I need paying for

    I want to know if I am eligible for the nhs bursary , any funding and how I go about applying when I've already been to uni.

    - I have GCSEs, alevels and looking to study at Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham or Leeds

    Please help!
    Thanks in advance

    (Original post by Banana123123)
    Thanks in advance
    Bursaries are stopping from August 2017.
    Meaning students who begin a health related degree from September 2017 will not receive a bursary. They will need to apply for a student loan.
    If you have already received student funding you can still get funding for a health care degree as these are exempt under the funding rules.

    There is plenty of news about this and the finer details if you do a quick Google search.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.