The Student Room Group

Is anyone revising AS over summer?

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone,
thanks for all of the advice!

Just to clarify, I have completed my first year of A levels (AS) and I started doing some year 13 work in school lessons a few weeks ago.

I have read everyone's posts and I have found it very useful. I am planning on chilling a lot of the time, meeting up with friends etc. as well as doing a bit of volunteering. I am also going to start drafting my personal statement and doing more research into differerent uni's.

I think I will probably do a really small amount of revision so when I start back in september it doesn't seem as so much of a shock which will be important. When I say a small amount, I mean like 2 hours max. a day and I will adapt this depending on how I am feeling-if I am not feeling motivated/I have planned to do something else/I feel stressed about it, I won't do any more work until I feel ready for it.

I am not planning on doing very intense studying as in 8 hours a day as I do want to relax as well. I think I will revise just a small section of my work in a more relaxed way so that I feel more prepared and positive in September. I think I won't really miss roughly an hour of my time each time (considering I will relax the rest of the time), but I think it will hopefully make a difference in the long run.

Thank you everyone for replying,
Alice x
Wow, so these posts are actually brilliant. Thank you all for your amazing contributions to this discussion. I'm definitely going to invest half an hour a day studying, and half an hour practising the piano to get better at it. Thank you.
I'll keep a note of this since this will be very useful. Thanks.
Of course. But I hope that I will work doing something that I enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest