The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
You can buy them cheap online and get a real ticket sent to you, or collect it when you get to the station. Go to www.thetrainline.com. Tickets start out really cheap, like under £5 but can get really expensive, so book well in advance. I would also recommend getting a young persons rail card, you save 1/3 on the price.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
lorrybeep
From London. Can you buy them cheap online? and get an e ticket?

or can I make reservation and collect on the day of travel?

Yeah they are available cheap, you need to book about 2 weeks in advance to get the best price offers, which start from around £7 in each direction, and be satisfied to travel on a specific train, and only that specific train.

You'd be travelling with Midland Mainline, who operate out of St Pancras station.

You buy your ticket on the website, and if there's long enough between you buying and your trip then they'll send you a ticket. If not, or if you so choose as an alternative, they give you a pass code to use with the FastTicket machines at the Station. Simply put your card into the machine, type the number that you've been given, and you'll get your tickets from there.
Reply 3
Thanks. Can I get an open ticket as not sure of return date? and if I choose a train at certain time, do I have to go with that train?
lorrybeep
Thanks. Can I get an open ticket as not sure of return date? and if I choose a train at certain time, do I have to go with that train?

Open tickets won't allow you to get the cheap tickets.

For an open Return (Depart any train, return within 30 days on any train, it costs £71.95 with a Railcard).

Same day returns in the off-peak (any train) cost about £31.50 with a Railcard.

If you do choose however to make your journey on 2 cheap singles, ie those special Advance style ones, then you have to use the train specifically that you chose, as the tickets are issued on a quota basis per train.

If you turn up late such that you can't catch this train, then you will need to buy a new full price ticket on the day.
Reply 5
I see!!

Thanks. Mind telling me how to go from Nottingham station to the Campus (University Park) please? What's the quickiest way and what bus number?
lorrybeep
I see!!

Thanks. Mind telling me how to go from Nottingham station to the Campus (University Park) please? What's the quickiest way and what bus number?

Rainbow 5 bus, from Broadmarsh Bus Station.

From the main ticket hall at Nottingham Train Station, turn right towards the Broadmarsh Shopping Centre, you'll reach Broadmarsh Bus Station on your right hand side.

There'll be a bay clearly labelled Rainbow 5, go to that and take any bus, it'll be destination Derby, Long Eaton or Loughborough.
Reply 7
thanks a bunch.

Latest

Trending

Trending