The Student Room Group

Can I ?

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
have you spoke to anyone at your school about the bullying ?
Also, you may not have to redo the Alevels as I'm pretty sure you are allowed to switch specifications for subjects; perhaps ask the exam board for advice and also contact the school you wish to move to ?
Original post by drriversong

As the above poster has said, you will be able to switch specifications (that's assuming the new school is doing different exam boards, otherwise you wouldn't even have to do that).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
contact the schools and ask what exam boards they're using and chances are for most subjects they might be doing the same exam board so in which case you would just carry on as normal and if not then just switch exam board and get the exam people to sort it out; please do some research before just jumping to conclusions
Reply 4
Original post by drriversong
I am being relentlessly bullied at my current school and I want to move to another school but that would mean me redoing my ASs which is pointless as I got all As in my mocks. Is it worth going to this new school so that I can be happy and will unis view me as someone who failed year 12 and ignore me?

It most definitely is possible to redo the year :smile: I got incredibly badly bullied in my AS year and moved sixth-forms and redid year 12 again. As far as I know, it's only certain courses and certain universities (Oxbridge) that would 'look down upon' you redoing the whole year.

It didn't stop me from getting on my course and infact some universities may see it in a positive light - because you've wanted to try and better yourself.

Happiness is priceless too. You can't put a value on it.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest