The Student Room Group

Work experience

Hi, I was wondering if I should make a work experience form for the employers to sign before starting my placement as proof that I've done it? I'm worried that I would have had loads of work experience but be declined from vet school because I have no official proof of doing it!
Amber :smile:
I don't think it's required. Keep a diary instead of dates and what you did and most importantly what you learnt and how it will help with vet school. Remember that your PS is all about reflection on your experiences rather than a list of everything you've done.
Original post by buzzyambee
Hi, I was wondering if I should make a work experience form for the employers to sign before starting my placement as proof that I've done it? I'm worried that I would have had loads of work experience but be declined from vet school because I have no official proof of doing it!
Amber :smile:

I always asked for a "reference" afterwards to confirm the dates I was present, my responsibilities, some comments on my conduct, etc.

Most places will be only too happy to provide one for a couple of weeks free labour.
Reply 3
Original post by alleycat393
I don't think it's required. Keep a diary instead of dates and what you did and most importantly what you learnt and how it will help with vet school. Remember that your PS is all about reflection on your experiences rather than a list of everything you've done.

Original post by ch0c0h01ic
I always asked for a "reference" afterwards to confirm the dates I was present, my responsibilities, some comments on my conduct, etc.

Most places will be only too happy to provide one for a couple of weeks free labour.

Okay, thank you so much!
Liverpool asks for you to bring in references I believe so worth getting them. I normally asked a few days before leaving if I could have a reference on my last day, and then hoped to get it before I left. If not, I would leave a self addressed envelope so they could send it to me. Occasionally some placements wound't send one in a timely manner and I would follow up with a phone call/visit.

Don't leave it until ages later as people may forget you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending