The Student Room Group

Philosophy - Religion Dissertation/ Problem of evil/ Cosmological argument

Im coming up to my third year in university and am thinking about doing a dissertation on proving the existence of God. To do this i want to use the problem of evil and cosmological argument. Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions of books that would be good material ?

Thanks
Original post by joePorterr96
Im coming up to my third year in university and am thinking about doing a dissertation on proving the existence of God. To do this i want to use the problem of evil and cosmological argument. Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions of books that would be good material ?

Thanks

I would suggest you start by reading some ancient and Medieval philosophers like Plato and St. Augustine.

Try typing in "existence of god philosophical arguments" and go from there or similar stuff.

Isn't problem of evil all about how it opposes the concept of a God? So I don't know how that would fit in with your dissertation that will be about proving the existence of God when the problem of evil is the exact opposite?

I think Problem of Evil is such a small part of Philosophy of Religion. Depending on how many words your dissertation is. However, I do assume that your dissertation has been approved and you've been assigned a tutor that will help you with some of the books you should be reading?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending