The Student Room Group

France on brink of bloody civil conflict, warns politician

[h="3"]FRANCE is on the verge of a civil war due to seemingly inexorable rise of extremism, a French politician has warned.[/h]Jonathan Miller, an elected city councilor in southern France, said “the mood is turning nasty” after the country was hit by its third terror attack in 18 months.

Mr Miller said: “Normally, it takes quite a bit to excite my neighbors under the languid southern sun, but as one horror has followed another, I am no longer taking for granted that they will put up with this much longer.

“An isolated immigrant population and a strident right-wing political faction in a country awash with guns has created a toxic and explosive mixture.

“France, a nation long considered a beacon of liberty and stability, may be on the edge of something resembling a civil war.”

He said members at a local hunting club, who are legally entitled to carry firearms, are preparing for a bloody conflict - with membership quadrupling in recent months.

Read More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/690729/france-civil-war-jonathan-miller-nice-attack-extremism-marine-le-pen
Fill a place with snakes, people will tire of being bitten. Bring on the mongooses.
Original post by TruthToYa
[h="3"]FRANCE is on the verge of a civil war due to seemingly inexorable rise of extremism, a French politician has warned.[/h]Jonathan Miller, an elected city councilor in southern France, said “the mood is turning nasty” after the country was hit by its third terror attack in 18 months.

Mr Miller said: “Normally, it takes quite a bit to excite my neighbors under the languid southern sun, but as one horror has followed another, I am no longer taking for granted that they will put up with this much longer.

“An isolated immigrant population and a strident right-wing political faction in a country awash with guns has created a toxic and explosive mixture.

“France, a nation long considered a beacon of liberty and stability, may be on the edge of something resembling a civil war.”

He said members at a local hunting club, who are legally entitled to carry firearms, are preparing for a bloody conflict - with membership quadrupling in recent months.

Read More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/690729/france-civil-war-jonathan-miller-nice-attack-extremism-marine-le-pen

IF that is true and replicated across France, that is a very important indicator on how things are going, it wont be long now, another 4-5 more medium - heavy casually attacks in the next year and a half would probably do it.
Original post by MildredMalone
Fill a place with snakes, people will tire of being bitten. Bring on the mongooses.

Mongeese.
Reply 5
Well remember the multicultural paradise that was Yugoslavia?

It lasted 50ish years, the Bosnian (Muslim population) was about 15% of the total the rest were catholic Croats and Orthodox Serbs among others. Then at the slightest tip to political instability a brutal civil war devastated the country, Europe was shocked as people could never have fathomed it happening in a modern developed nation.

Since the 1970's France has imported millions of north africans and arabs (many minorities in France hate each other and prefer to live in their own separate ghettos and enclaves), their Muslim population currently stands at around 10%.

I'm not saying a civil war is on the cards in france, but if uncontrolled immigration is continued terrorism is not going away any time soon. You can't just change massive chunks of your nations demographics and expect everyone to assimilate problem free.
Original post by remiremi
Well remember the multicultural paradise that was Yugoslavia?

It lasted 50ish years, the Bosnian (Muslim population) was about 15% of the total the rest were catholic Croats and Orthodox Serbs among others. Then at the slightest tip to political instability a brutal civil war devastated the country, Europe was shocked as people could never have fathomed it happening in a modern developed nation.

Since the 1970's France has imported millions of north africans and arabs (many minorities in France hate each other and prefer to live in their own separate ghettos and enclaves), their Muslim population currently stands at around 10%.

I'm not saying a civil war is on the cards in france, but if uncontrolled immigration is continued terrorism is not going away any time soon. You can't just change massive chunks of your nations demographics and expect everyone to assimilate problem free.

You ignore that it took the badass that was Tito to keep it together. Hollande is a wet noodle, even Milosevic would do a better job.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending