The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Global Summer School

An international student checking in :smile:
I was accepted to Imperial's Global Summer School, it seems promising but I couldn't find any reviews of it. Has anyone tried it? Please share your thoughts/experience or any info regarding the summer school.
I'm looking forward to hearing some replies!
thanks
My daughter did the Physical Science track last year. She loved it! They kept them busy with projects, lectures, workshops and trips and the counsellors were current IC students and gave lots of insights into being a student there. She also did some Coding there for the first time and is now looking to apply to do Comp Sci at Uni.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Aitch99
An international student checking in :smile:
I was accepted to Imperial's Global Summer School, it seems promising but I couldn't find any reviews of it. Has anyone tried it? Please share your thoughts/experience or any info regarding the summer school.
I'm looking forward to hearing some replies!
thanks

I was accepted this year! :smile: Just wondering how you found it last year? Would be lovely if you could let me know!
Reply 3
Hi! Congrats first of all! :biggrin:
I had a great time there last year. The diversity tha you get to see and experience is truly amazing. Also, the accomodation was very convenient. Although we stayed in Woodward, the dorms were well equipped and had a common room in which we could stay after our activities. The mentors and Hannah were super friendly and are always helpful. However, the only drawback was that i expected more schooling.. they only taught us the first week, for 5 days. Maybe even 4 if were not counting the first day. If youve got any other questions id be glad to help :smile:
Original post by Aitch99
Hi! Congrats first of all! :biggrin:
I had a great time there last year. The diversity tha you get to see and experience is truly amazing. Also, the accomodation was very convenient. Although we stayed in Woodward, the dorms were well equipped and had a common room in which we could stay after our activities. The mentors and Hannah were super friendly and are always helpful. However, the only drawback was that i expected more schooling.. they only taught us the first week, for 5 days. Maybe even 4 if were not counting the first day. If youve got any other questions id be glad to help :smile:

Heya! Thank you so much for replying and for your helpful words (and sorry for my HORRIFICALLY late reply!) That's super to know and has put me at ease! Not long now :wink:) Hope you're getting on well with A levels/ exams/ whatever you're doing :biggrin: xxx
Reply 5
HelloI have just applied for Imperial Global Summer School, and I am a bit worried of not being able to get in.. I filled in my GCSE results, which are all A* except for English Language. My A-Level predicted grades haven’t come out yet. However, I made a big mistake when writing the personal statement: I thought the maximum number of words is 500, so I wrote about like 400words. I just realised they wouldn’t look at any words beyond 200. I’m quite worried about it cuz I don’t think I explained a lot about my abilities that might suit this programme.Can you give me any advice or any idea about how difficult it is to get an offer for this summer school please? Thank you!!!
I've been accepted.

The application process is so vigorous. I didn't clock there were fees involved too.

OOoooof
Reply 7
Imperial summer school is a dope place which every person has to visit no matter the terrible reviews. P.s: if anyone goes there next year, please say hi to Dhylan cause he is an amazing dude.
Imperial Global Summer School was the best experience I ever had, however I must admit it isn't as academecally challenging has I initially thought. You're spending most of your time doing activities, but the lab time for the medical stream is still really interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending