The Student Room Group

My eczema is making me depressed

I need help, not steroids or medication. I want something permanent, not be alright for a few days for it to come back again. It's the biggest enemy in my life, I honestly dont know what to do anymore, I dont even look like me in the mirror actually I avoid mirrors. Nature and walks make me happy but the pollen makes it worse, I cant wear simple dresses or wear an open neck t-shirt. It affects everything in my daily life. I dont want to wake up in the morning and look at what ive done to my skin. im not the type to breakdown and cry but I cant do this anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
I need help, not steroids or medication. I want something permanent, not be alright for a few days for it to come back again. It's the biggest enemy in my life, I honestly dont know what to do anymore, I dont even look like me in the mirror actually I avoid mirrors. Nature and walks make me happy but the pollen makes it worse, I cant wear simple dresses or wear an open neck t-shirt. It affects everything in my daily life. I dont want to wake up in the morning and look at what ive done to my skin. im not the type to breakdown and cry but I cant do this anymore.

First of all think positive, remind yourself at least it can temporarily go away. There are people out there burnt yet they have confidence.

Make sure you've got an allergy test done ..
Original post by Anonymous

Hydrocortisone worked wonders for me. I had it very bad for two years, and within weeks it went thanks to that...Dont use e3 or any of the basic crap... if its severe you need somet strong and that worked for me. Have you been to the doctors? Dont think there is something permanent as it cant be cured:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Firstly I'm telling you from experience, although I haven't got rid of my eczema it's improving. I have come to the realization that there is only so much the dermatologist can do, I have been with them for years, I tried steroid creams that didn't work, then I tried oral steroids that didn't work and lastly I tried the steroid injections, guess what? 'didn't work'. After doing that for a number of years I ended up finding a herbal cream that at least stops me from itching and that helped me sleep. My best advice for you would be do your own research, especially check out eczema forums and watch youtube videos on healing eczema, it will change your life. Just changing your diet along with a few other things will get rid of it, this is a fact, like I said if you do your research you will know the true cause and how to eradicate eczema.

send me your email if you want me to send you the links of the videos
Reply 4
I know a permanent way to cure skin problems. Ive had skin problems of my own and cured them
See a dermatologist
Aveeno cream is a godsend; I have seen so many people who use it able to control their otherwise uncontrollable eczema. I myself suffered from very severe eczema as a child and within a couple years of using it regressed the condition to a very mild, physically unnoticeable eczema.

Ask your GP about it. In the end, there is no quick fix for eczema, you will have to find a solution and stick with it long term

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Eczema Tracker app really helped me to keep a track for my son’s problems. I needed to learn more once I walked away from the doctor's office so I started looking for apps and came across it- eczematracker.com.

Quick Reply

Latest