Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting to run

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

So recently I've decided to start running, so this week I started and this morning I went for only my second run (starting with 30 mins, that includes 5 warmup walk 5 min cooldown and the walking in between jogs/runs). I don't know howmany times a week is the best though, I get that it will depend somewhat on the individual but isn't there an ideal amount of running days in a week?

I feel physically able to run 6 days a week easily but are more rest days better?

I run to be able to run further, not to lose weight. I also workout my upper body, 2 days training and a day rest.

Thanks, any input is appreciated.

I do 15-20 mins every morning in the garden every day after I wake up and it's great
    I also do YouTube exercises 6pm to 7
    I've definitely found myself feeling a lot healthier and stronger

Posted from TSR Mobile

Start with 3 days a week with a rest day in between. Look at couch to 5k.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Start with 3 days a week with a rest day in between. Look at couch to 5k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couch to 5K got me in decent physical fitness once, just don't do what I did and stop doing it as soon as you've finished cutting and become an unfit slob again :lol:
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.