The Student Room Group

Man stabs 4 women for dressing immodestly in France

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swiss_cheese
well I'm not so have fun, are you gonna yell religion of peace at me or something? or class me as a regressive liberal? lmfao

No fun just pity.

I pity you.
Original post by Good bloke
Meanwhile? Today? Link? Or is this old news, cynically used as a specious diversion tactic.

Presumably you think it a small matter that a man should stab a little eight year-old girl because he doesn't like her clothing.

Still, we know the unifying link between the Baghdad atrocities and this one, don't we? It is a blind adherence to mediaeval superstitious beliefs and the rules laid down by a desert warlord to control his people.

I am not going to waste time with someone who speculates on what I think is a small matter or not, you've got quite the reputation here.
meanwhile 300 Muslims die in Baghdad because of terrorism, but you're getting all teary about something as small as this? certainly just because it fits your islamphobic (note I say islamphobic as fear of Islam, not islamophobia) agenda.

Wtf? Are you a troll or what?
Original post by Trapz99
It could be linked to radical Islamic terrorism, yes.

You have no evidence. If you say the Arab name is evidence, then that is racism buddy.
Was it yet another radical Hindu attack?
I am not going to waste time with someone who speculates on what I think is a small matter or not, you've got quite the reputation here.

I didn't speculate. You told us when you wrote "something as small as this".
Reply 26
You have no evidence. If you say the Arab name is evidence, then that is racism buddy.

You actually mentioned Islam before I did.
You've failed to compare these two scenarios.

Its the equivalent of my neighbour being mugged and about 30 people two towns away being murdered.

You've failed to understand my point.

You're a colossal turnip if you think people don't feel sorry for the victims of Baghdad -- indeed it got MORE media presence than I suspect this attack will get -- but think:
- people are more offended when an attack is closer to home
- people are also going to be more affronted about a man going to a DIFFERENT CULTURE and attacking them? It's like me going to Baghdad and stabbing people for wearing a hijab? Is that ok?
- and finally: this wasn't a post declaring that this savage attack was more important than any other atrocity. It's another in a string of violence.

And yes, as you rather helpfully pointed out, a string of violence that all has the violent religion of Islam as a root cause. Tally ho.
Original post by Good bloke
I didn't speculate. You told us when you wrote "something as small as this".

Small is in relative context to the far worse things which have happened recently, the world isn't some one-dimensional straight line buddy.

You also seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the word racism. Please consult a dictionary.
Original post by Trapz99
You actually mentioned Islam before I did.

you posted this and drew out the arab name as the most important point, we both know you posted this only because of the arab name.

How does saying somebody was Muslim based on their name make you think you're superior to them on basis of race?
Reply 32
Small is in relative context to the far worse things which have happened recently, the world isn't some one-dimensional straight line buddy.

Ok this guy is trolling

Small is an absolute term, smaller is relative. You used the former.
Original post by 1010marina
You also seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the word racism. Please consult a dictionary.

How? Lmfao

This person is linking them to Islamic terrorism solely based on the Arab name - ie he thinks that Arabs who commit crimes are always doing it for political/religious motivation. That is racism to Arabs. If the name of the perpetrator was "John Smith", he would not have posted this.
Reply 35
you posted this and drew out the arab name as the most important point, we both know you posted this only because of the arab name.

There is nothing wrong with informing someone of an attacker's name. Are you telling me that it is wrong to tell people about attacks in France committed by people with Arabic names?
Original post by Luhar
Ok this guy is trolling

His user name gives us a clue to the strength of his arguments by telling us that they are full of holes.
Original post by 1010marina
You've failed to understand my point.

You're a colossal turnip if you think people don't feel sorry for the victims of Baghdad -- indeed it got MORE media presence than I suspect this attack will get -- but think:
- people are more offended when an attack is closer to home
- people are also going to be more affronted about a man going to a DIFFERENT CULTURE and attacking them? It's like me going to Baghdad and stabbing people for wearing a hijab? Is that ok?
- and finally: this wasn't a post declaring that this savage attack was more important than any other atrocity. It's another in a string of violence.

And yes, as you rather helpfully pointed out, a string of violence that all has the violent religion of Islam as a root cause. Tally ho.

Perhaps if you wrote more clearly and succinctly, there would be no problems.
Original post by Trapz99
There is nothing wrong with informing someone of an attacker's name. Are you telling me that it is wrong to tell people about attacks in France committed by people with Arabic names?

Except you posted this article solely because of the Arab name. Don't kid yourself, you would not have posted this if the perpetrator had a British name.
The fact that you highlight the Middle-Eastern name as the most important point in the article is bigoted, and a quick look at your thread history shows that you dedicate a good few hours a week to reminding the world all about these small incidents.

There are a lot of such "small incidents". It wasn't so "small" for the women involved I'm sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending