The Student Room Group

Different cultures.

Have you tried being in a relationship with people of other cultures?

I am Middle Eastern. And man tried being with a Latin girl from the DR, and it was a huge mistake.

No doubt Latin girls are the sexiest and most attractive girls on the globe.

But they are so possessive, insecure and soooo feisty, at the beginning it was exciting and a challenge for man. I never had to deal with this kind of a character.

But three weeks in, man was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen.

The constant arguments was taking it's toll on my well being.

So eventually I had to split. And had to block her number.
I think it was just the girl, some can be crazy :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
I think it was just the girl, some can be crazy :tongue:

Why, are you Latin?
Reply 3
All my exs have been different religion to me, but we've grown up in the same culture. Closest to someone from a different culture has been when holiday people come.
Reply 4
Original post by Nimrahk123
All my exs have been different religion to me, but we've grown up in the same culture. Closest to someone from a different culture has been when holiday people come.

What religions have they been?

My family are Muslim, so it can be difficult when being with a Catholic or a devout Christian, Trying to dodge your family from finding out.
Original post by truly unruly
Why, are you Latin?

Nah
Reply 6
What religions have they been?

My family are Muslim, so it can be difficult when being with a Catholic or a devout Christian, Trying to dodge your family from finding out.

My family are Muslim too, generally not strict Christians or atheists. And I've never told my parents.
Reply 7
Original post by Nimrahk123
My family are Muslim too, generally not strict Christians or atheists. And I've never told my parents.

Yeah, I can sympathise.
Reply 8
Have you tried being in a relationship with people of other cultures?

I am Middle Eastern. And man tried being with a Latin girl from the DR, and it was a huge mistake.

No doubt Latin girls are the sexiest and most attractive girls on the globe.

But they are so possessive, insecure and soooo feisty, at the beginning it was exciting and a challenge for man. I never had to deal with this kind of a character.

But three weeks in, man was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen.

The constant arguments was taking it's toll on my well being.

So eventually I had to split. And had to block her number.

Ermm, as a foreign student in UK I used to be with a Chinese mainland gal, and went out with a Welsh gal as well, and I find being in/pursuing a relationship with a foreign girl very special and exciting. I also really fancy marrying a foreign gal no matter what country she's from, coz I feel I would love and appreciate her more.

Sorry for your case man, but sometimes things are hard to predict and be handled. Wish you can overcome it. Cultures and religions are also barriers, but I trust true love can overcome those. I myself don't have any religion and my parents (Oriental) are also cool with everything, so I find religions easily to deal with, just all about culture differences and the physical attractiveness between the 2 people.

Quick Reply