The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Dead
It's very tricky. I'm really not keen on the routes people are taking to find that third striker. Both Fer and Redmond are a bit questionable imo, and despite Lamela's decent stats, he has no set pieces of pens - a couple of blanks and I think people will be getting very itchy.*

The big question here is whether Mahrez gets taken off penalties. If he does then, *- at the rate Leicester win them - that's a stack of points and bonus points lost and I need to look elsewhere. **

No serious player will get Fer especially with Swansea's upcoming fixtures.

I've worked out a way to get Benteke & Ozil in without gimping my team too much. Frustrating because I want Liverpool attacking coverage but i'm not dropping Aguero, Zlatan or Hazard.
(edited 7 years ago)
Kane, Firmino and a few others have to go for me, I just can't tell if it's best to spread the cash more evenly or just get premium price players and fill in the gaps with decent but cheapish players.
Original post by sr90
No serious player will get Fer especially with Swansea's upcoming fixtures.

I've worked out a way to get Benteke & Ozil in without gimping my team too much. Frustrating because I want Liverpool attacking coverage but i'm not dropping Aguero, Zlatan or Hazard.

Picking a Liverpool midfielder looks a headache i'd rather avoid. Plus none of them are on pens.*I'm also not touching Ozil while Cazorla may be on the pitch.

If Sterling picks up points today then he could be an option. He's looking nailed and potentially good value at 8.1 if he can get in the goals
(edited 7 years ago)
Having Fraser Forster and Foster(WBA) has been the worst choice in my whole life.

Wild card next gwk
Damn, Negredo didn't score :/
One thing that confuses me as I'm using my wildcard this week, if I sell a player do I get the value I paid for him or his current value?

Picking a Liverpool midfielder looks a headache i'd rather avoid. Plus none of them are on pens.*I'm also not touching Ozil while Cazorla may be on the pitch.

If Sterling picks up points today then he could be an option. He's looking nailed and potentially good value at 8.1 if he can get in the goals

If you want a Liverpool player, Mané is probably the way to go - he looks absolutely fantastic, although he's fairly pricey and will go to AFCON don't forget.

I'm gonna ditch Payet obviously and depending on what happens today, Sterling is looking likely to be the way to go.
Original post by Lúcio
If you want a Liverpool player, Mané is probably the way to go - he looks absolutely fantastic, although he's fairly pricey and will go to AFCON don't forget.

I'm gonna ditch Payet obviously and depending on what happens today, Sterling is looking likely to be the way to go.

All looking a bit worrying on the Payet front.

Feeling a little luckier today as Snoddy's injury sounds like it isn't serious, and with Negredo blanking, and Gray and now Lamela staring down the barrel of suspensions i think i'm best advised to not panic about downgrading Mahrez to a third playable striker.

I like Mane a lot, but he plays like an angry, one-winged wasp. And I can't see him being a better option than Mahrez, even at .6 cheaper
Original post by The Monk
One thing that confuses me as I'm using my wildcard this week, if I sell a player do I get the value I paid for him or his current value?

Current value.
All looking a bit worrying on the Payet front.

Feeling a little luckier today as Snoddy's injury sounds like it isn't serious, and with Negredo blanking, and Gray and now Lamela staring down the barrel of suspensions i think i'm best advised to not panic about downgrading Mahrez to a third playable striker.

I like Mane a lot, but he plays like an angry, one-winged wasp. And I can't see him being a better option than Mahrez, even at .6 cheaper

Mané always has the worry I getting a second yellow because he always operates at full throttle.

That being said, he's been our main source of creation and will assist and score all season long. In a team that counters as good as Liverpool, Mané is a much better option than Mahrez in a struggling Leicester...
Original post by Lúcio
Mané always has the worry I getting a second yellow because he always operates at full throttle.

That being said, he's been our main source of creation and will assist and score all season long

1 goal and 0 assists in three doesn't suggest that. And he wasn't that player at Saints either*

Christ i'm glad i've got Aguero (C)*
Sterling on the goals. Looks like there's an option
I have Sterling but he is my vice captain ffs (aguero captain)
1 goal and 0 assists in three doesn't suggest that. And he wasn't that player at Saints either*

He has only played two PL games so far, got an assist in the League cup game if you count that.
Original post by samir12
He has only played two PL games so far, got an assist in the League cup game if you count that.

Yes, because he picks up injuries, and is also inconsistent, and is competing with six creative/attacking players. Reasons I think it's not a good assumption that he'll be consistent and a season keeper
(edited 7 years ago)
Looks like it's not Aguero's day

That beard has the makings of a curse*
(edited 7 years ago)
Aguero better come through with Atleast a goal in this game :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You haven't seen his performances though; he has been extremely unlucky so don't go down the stats route after only 3 games.
Yes, because he picks up injuries, and is also inconsistent, and is competing with six creative/attacking players. Reasons I think it's not a good assumption that he'll be consistent and a season keeper

All players pick up injuries so not sure why that is a valid point, its not like he has a Daniel Sturridge injury record. He offers far more to the team than the other forward players so he easily starts ahead of them. The inconsistency is an issue if you look back at his Southampton but he has been good for us so far so we can only wait and see how he does.
Stones off early ffs and just as City conceded.

May just play my WC after all.

Been a weird GW for some - missed penalties, players going off before 60th minute - some due to injury.

Latest