The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
Both were up around 55% so you can't really go without either of them, tbh.*

Well, obviously it's different now. Aguero is a must when fit. When he scored 5 it was on the back of a few blanks, I think.

Kane looks awful this season. Costa has returns in every game but the YCs will become annoying. Giroud worth a shout as a temporary replacement. Lukaku has no goals in 11 games.

* Basically, I just like the home rotation between Aguero and Ibra. It's good for 25 goals.*

True, having Aguero is more of a defence than an attack. That's what ended it for me last year, I dropped Aguero the day he scored 5.

I currently have Aguero and Gray so I'm thinking with the way the fixtures are looking of going Lukaku and Kane, even though both have blanked so far. Lukaku due one of his spells and Kane's got too much class and his positioning is too good for him not to score. That's if they both get banned, however.
Original post by Lúcio
Probably would've been a better idea to wait until after internationals.

Yeah you might miss price changes but that's nothing compared to the headache of an unforeseen injury.

If Aguero gets banned, I might end up using my wildcard :/

True but if prices change too much, IE Tadic down and Sterling up then I couldn't make the transfer as I only have 0.2 left.

I'll probably hit the wildcard too if Aguero gets banned.
Pretty pleased I saved my transfer this week. Means if Aguero gets his 3 match ban I can sell him for a cheaper striker and sign a better midfielder like Ozil, maybe Sterling or Sanchez. Then wildcard when he is due to come bacl
Aguero almost certainly set to be banned after that ref report. Stuani and Aguero out, Kane and Benteke in.
Aguero charged tor the incident.
It's almost a relief when Aguero gets banned/injured because it means you have so much more money to play around with without being nervous about him scoring 5...

Gonna play my WC for sure. At least I can change who I want regardless of injury now.
It's only a two match PL ban if he gets it. Hardly worth restructuring the team for it, especially if you own Ibra already and have a decent captain option. There's no way i'm going without him. Ibra looks a season keeper but going without Aguero in the first half of the season is suicide
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 647
Why wildcard a player out? Surely it makes sense to wildcard him in?

Selling Aguero for a hit this week. Then using WC to get him back in.
Original post by Mister Dead
It's only a two match PL ban if he gets it. Hardly worth restructuring the team for it, especially if you own Ibra already and have a decent captain option. There's no way i'm going without him. Ibra looks a season keeper but going without Aguero in the first half of the season is suicide

The main reason is because I have about 4 players injured at the same time too.

I'll wait until after internationals; if injuries look better I might just settle for a few FTs.
Original post by UWS
Why wildcard a player out? Surely it makes sense to wildcard him in?

Selling Aguero for a hit this week. Then using WC to get him back in.

I agree with this, but then I've got a nice squad already. Aguero and Lamela to Benteke and Sanchez, and then wildcard Aguero back in. If you wildcard now it'll cost at least a -4 to get him back, if not -8.

Aguero will have a selling price of 13.0 for virtually everyone, so it's fine to keep hold of for at least 5 days. At most you'll lose 0.1 in him because he won't go down 0.3 before Friday week. Plus it reduces risk because of injuries.

I bloody hate early transfers. Reckon I've made about one or two a season on average. Wouldn't recommend it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 650
I agree with this, but then I've got a nice squad already. Aguero and Lamela to Benteke and Sanchez, and then wildcard Aguero back in. If you wildcard now it'll cost at least a -4 to get him back, if not -8.

Yes, I can afford a -4 now when the prices are likely to be unaffected due to everyone WCing.

Currently looking at Aguero and Tadic to Lukaku and Sanchez for -4. If Gray is banned then I'll swap him to Bentekkers for -8.
Original post by UWS
Yes, I can afford a -4 now when the prices are likely to be unaffected due to everyone WCing.

Currently looking at Aguero and Tadic to Lukaku and Sanchez for -4. If Gray is banned then I'll swap him to Bentekkers for -8.

Why do you prefer Lukaku to Benteke?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 652
Why do you prefer Benteke to Lukaku?

Palace just got Remy on loan. Could hurt Benteke's goal scoring opportunities. Lukaku will be lone striker with service from Barkley and Baines
Original post by UWS
Palace just got Remy on loan. Could hurt Benteke's goal scoring opportunities. Lukaku will be lone striker with service from Barkley and Baines

Fair enough. I have Baines, and I just don't trust Lukaku given his recent rubbish record. Can't afford Sanchez if I go more expensive than Benteke.
Everton's next fixtures are nice too.

Going to go with Benteke, Lukaku and Zlatan I think for now, and will look to wildcard Aguero back in in a few weeks. -4 this week, but it gets rid of my two pieces of dead rubber in Long and Deulofeu who were my disappointing picks. Deulofeu in hindsight not so bad though, as he was playing up front first game and had a couple of great chances so if a bit of luck went his way may have been different.
Surely the WC is best used at the time you believe is optimum, and so much changes that you probably wont realise that time until it's upon you. Maybe when Aguero returns will turn out to be the right time, maybe not. Maybe your team will fall apart in the break, or maybe it'll excel after the break and you wont want to change much. Planning five weeks in advance in that respect just seems a bit futile.
Gah.. is Aguero going to get a 3 game ban? Tempted to transfer him out if that is the case..
Played my wildcard now, should I have Batshuayi or Costa in strike? I already have Hazard
Any love for Bony at Stoke?
Aguero given extra 24 hours to argue on his charge.

Latest