The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Haven't even looked at Sanchez. Your first 2 fixtures are awful but after that you have a very good run. I normally WC over the international break before GW4 and i'd definitely want 3 Arsenal players then.

Before though? Idk... what sort of team you reckon you'll put out for the first two? Lots of absentees from what i've heard - Giroud, Kosc, Mert, Ozil, Ramsey.

Will be seeing alot of players like Walcott and ox who have flattered to deceive in recent years, hopefully someone like Lacazette comes in, he'd go straight into my team. Gabriel looks tempting at 5 Mil but surely Wenger will be buying another cb. Yeah with the two wildcards it's almost obvious to use the first wildcard that early now. Don't think I'll properly pick my team til a week before, will be making too many changes if I start before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
I'm in as 'Tekkin t' Mkhitaryan' until I can think of something better. Will keep you posted on the name. Have a provisional squad of which approximately 2 players will probably make the final 16.
Reply 62
Original post by sr90
Haven't even looked at Sanchez. Your first 2 fixtures are awful but after that you have a very good run. I normally WC over the international break before GW4 and i'd definitely want 3 Arsenal players then.

Before though? Idk... what sort of team you reckon you'll put out for the first two? Lots of absentees from what i've heard - Giroud, Kosc, Mert, Ozil, Ramsey.

Stupid question but do you have to actually pick your team before you can join a league?

Because I'm not really sure who I'm choosing yet but I still need to join the league, especially if you're making a H2H one too because I think those have limited places
Original post by Lúcio
Stupid question but do you have to actually pick your team before you can join a league?

Because I'm not really sure who I'm choosing yet but I still need to join the league, especially if you're making a H2H one too because I think those have limited places

Yeah think you have too, just select a few players then click auto select for the rest since you can change your team as much as you like til the deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Lúcio

Yep as above person said, you need to pick your team. Just do auto-select thingy as what I do.
Reply 65
I'm in, rj rangers

Now to fit Ibra and Aguero in the same team
Reply 66
IN

Teriyaki Subs gonna tear you apart x
Reply 67
MurderOnZidanesFloor
United and City fixtures rotate perfectly too, at least for the first 10 games. A Kun/Ibra double up could well pay off.

SUN SOU hull <utd v city> BOR swa STO EVE SOU BUR
Striker options aren't exactly mouthwatering this year, I've gone for Aguero, Musa, Wilson and packed my midfield - thoughts on Musa? I'd have thought for his price tag he'd surely start, apparently impressed in pre-season too.
Reply 70
Original post by Lúcio
I don't think there is one yet mate.

Quote sr90 though, he needs to make one!!

@sr90 make it happen pls
Some really good cheaper mids this year it seems, townsend and downing in my team atm. Keeping an eye on Ibe and feghouli. Some teams I've seen on twitter look insane without Aguero but because he's such good captain material for most weeks I don't think I'll risk not having him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Some really good cheaper mids this year it seems, townsend and downing in my team atm. Keeping an eye on Ibe and feghouli. Some teams I've seen on twitter look insane without Aguero but because he's such good captain material for most weeks I don't think I'll risk not having him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 goals and 5 assists in 45 games last season. What makes you want him in your team?
Reply 73
Original post by sr90
3 goals and 5 assists in 45 games last season. What makes you want him in your team?

No way I can afford both Aguero and Ibra up front :frown:

Thoughts on Deeney?
Original post by Lúcio
No way I can afford both Aguero and Ibra up front :frown:

Thoughts on Deeney?

Not this season for me. Suspect Watford will struggle. When a promoted team comes up there's usually one player who's been banging in the goals for years who takes to the Premier League like nothings changed - Grant Holt, Ricky Lambert, Danny Graham, Andy Carroll, Odion Ighalo, DJ Campbell, Charlie Austin. How many of them did it the following season though once the winning mentality had gone? Hardly any of them.

For this reason i'm going with Andre Gray from Burnley as my "cheap" striker.

Wish you'd hurry up and sell Benteke though, lot of potential there depending on who he joins.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by don'tTRIP.
Striker options aren't exactly mouthwatering this year, I've gone for Aguero, Musa, Wilson and packed my midfield - thoughts on Musa? I'd have thought for his price tag he'd surely start, apparently impressed in pre-season too.

A metric ****ton of pace - reckon he might be quicker than schlupp or Vardy. Not convinced he'll start up top though.

Tempted by chilwell if he can get a couple of games ahead of Fuchs though. Guys absolute mustard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by sr90
Not this season for me. Suspect Watford will struggle. When a promoted team comes up there's usually one player who's been banging in the goals for years who takes to the Premier League like nothings changed - Grant Holt, Ricky Lambert, Danny Graham, Andy Carroll, Odion Ighalo, DJ Campbell, Charlie Austin. How many of them did it the following season though once the winning mentality had gone? Hardly any of them.

For this reason i'm going with Andre Gray from Burnley as my "cheap" striker.

Wish you'd hurry up and sell Benteke though, lot of potential there depending on who he joins.

I agree - Benteke's FPL price is only £7.5m but he could absolutely destroy at a team like Palace.
We'll sell him for sure - we have Sturridge, Ings and Origi all ahead of in and he'll be out of the door as soon as we receive a good offer.

Absolutely no idea for strikers.
Aguero is a given but Ibra and Kane are just too damn expensive and unpredictable right now.

My midfield is quite expensive to make up for it though I guess. Gonna have to re-visit this in a week or so.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90
United and City fixtures rotate perfectly too, at least for the first 10 games. A Kun/Ibra double up could well pay off.

SUN SOU hull <utd v city> BOR swa STO EVE SOU BUR

Yep. First two players in my squad.
Foster
Shaw Stones Souare
Ayew Deulofeu Firmino Hazard
Aguero Gray Ibrahimovic

Jaku, Smith, Friend, Leko

Very happy with that team.

Also due to popular demand H2H league is now up: 30779-190798
(edited 7 years ago)
Foster
Shaw Stones Souare
Ayew Deulofeu Firmino Hazard
Aguero Gray Ibrahimovic

Jaku, Smith, Friend, Leko

Haven't had much time to look at a team so far. Your thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest