The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I jumped on the Welsh Xavi bandwagon :colondollar:
Would you guys let me join? My points would be up to date so I wouldn't be behind?..
Looking forward to getting Dwight Gayle in for 2017/18 already.
Hard to look past Sanchez as captain for this weekend.

I transferred out Capoue and bought in Allen at the start of the week so no more changes for me.

A goal-fest for Hull vs. Stoke would be nice since I have Allen and Snodgrass in my team :colondollar:
Antonio to Walcott. Funded by Ibra to Lukaku or Benteke to someone. Austin maybe?

Want to captain Aguero but I'll just go for Sanchez.
Original post by little_wizard123
Antonio to Walcott. Funded by Ibra to Lukaku or Benteke to someone. Austin maybe?

Want to captain Aguero but I'll just go for Sanchez.

Aguero left out of two games in a row. Thoughts on that?

Torn between Sanchez, Walcott and Aguero. Think arsenal will smash Boro though but the points could be split through anyone really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't decide between Aguero and Walcott for captain.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Aguero left out of two games in a row. Thoughts on that?

Torn between Sanchez, Walcott and Aguero. Think arsenal will smash Boro though but the points could be split through anyone really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walcott is never captain material. Aguero was left out for tactical reasons midweek so absolutely no doubts over owning Aguero in my mind. But with Benteke and Ibra in my team too, they really need to pull their fingers out.

Southampton solid at the back so yeah, Sanchez for me.
Walcott is never captain material. Aguero was left out for tactical reasons midweek so absolutely no doubts over owning Aguero in my mind. But with Benteke and Ibra in my team too, they really need to pull their fingers out.

Southampton solid at the back so yeah, Sanchez for me.

Very surprised you still own Zlatan. I gave up on him a couple of weeks ago.

Our fixtures get so much easier after this weekend at least - Burnley, Swansea, Arsenal & West Ham. Swansea away is a potential banana skin (we NEVER win there) but the other 3 are all at home and will be comfortable wins. So he could well be back in the points.
Original post by sr90
Very surprised you still own Zlatan. I gave up on him a couple of weeks ago.

Our fixtures get so much easier after this weekend at least - Burnley, Swansea, Arsenal & West Ham. Swansea away is a potential banana skin (we NEVER win there) but the other 3 are all at home and will be comfortable wins. So he could well be back in the points.

He's too good not to turn it around. How has he been playing for you? But Antonio has to go. I could do Antonio/Payet to Walcott/Liverpool midfielder rather than ditch Ibra...

I'll decide tonight what I'm doing.
He's too good not to turn it around. How has he been playing for you? But Antonio has to go. I could do Antonio/Payet to Walcott/Liverpool midfielder rather than ditch Ibra...

I'll decide tonight what I'm doing.

He was dire against Liverpool. Far too slow, constantly offside, had one good chance and headed the ball directly across goal as well as picking up a cheap yellow card. He should have got a huge points haul in the previous game against Stoke but their keeper had the game of his life.

I made up my mind about Antonio as soon as I saw him playing at RB last week. He's gone.
Original post by sr90
He was dire against Liverpool. Far too slow, constantly offside, had one good chance and headed the ball directly across goal as well as picking up a cheap yellow card. He should have got a huge points haul in the previous game against Stoke but their keeper had the game of his life.

I made up my mind about Antonio as soon as I saw him playing at RB last week. He's gone.

Would you sell Payet to a Liverpool mid or Ibra to Lukaku (or Costa, or anybody else).
Would you sell Payet to a Liverpool mid or Ibra to Lukaku (or Costa, or anybody else).

Ibra to Lukaku is what I did. I reckon Costa will score on Sunday but it's very high risk when he's 1 yellow away from a ban.

Don't you already have Firmino? I remember our teams being very similiar before we both used the WC.
Not risking Walcott. think the train has left the station and arsenal's fixtures ate less than favorable. love the guy, but I don't see his form continuing and doubling with Sanchez is risky.

Will probably bin Capoue next week, any ideas?
Original post by sr90
Ibra to Lukaku is what I did. I reckon Costa will score on Sunday but it's very high risk when he's 1 yellow away from a ban.

Don't you already have Firmino? I remember our teams being very similiar before we both used the WC.

It's inevitable he gets booked this weekend and misses the league cup game! I kept Ibra and did Benteke to Austin. Not overly keen on that, but I didn't want to drop Payet this week.

No, just Lovren from Liverpool. Payet to Firmino next week if I don't need to take a keeper out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Having a serious think about benching Lukaku this weekend. Have decided to own Snodgrass as fifth mid as with Walcott, Austin, Sanchez, Sterling and Aguero I think there's an unacceptable risk i'll suffer benching/s. So he'd be the man to come in.

Sounds a bit crackers but Burnley are stubborn at home. 11 goals conceded in 22 games. 3 in 5 in the PL and Arsenal, Liverpool, Watford, Swansea and Hull played. They almost never concede twice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Having a serious think about benching Lukaku this weekend. Have decided to own Snodgrass as fifth mid as with Walcott, Austin, Sanchez, Sterling and Aguero I think there's an unacceptable risk i'll suffer benching/s. So he'd be the man to come in.

Sounds a bit crackers but Burnley are stubborn at home. 11 goals conceded in 22 games. 3 in 5 in the PL and Arsenal, Liverpool, Watford, Swansea and Hull played. They almost never concede twice.

Too risky imo. My FPL advice is "do the thing that, if it went wrong, would make you feel less crap".
With it being very likely that Costa will get booked this weekend, such that he only misses the league cup game, is he worth dropping? Scored two games running so statistics would perhaps suggest a third goal is unlikely. Also against a Manc side that will more than likely defend. Tadic against City my bench option.
Too risky imo. My FPL advice is "do the thing that, if it went wrong, would make you feel less crap".

sorry big man, this **** is happening
Original post by The Wavefunction
is he worth dropping? Scored two games running so statistics would perhaps suggest a third goal is unlikely..

I don't think that's how statistics work

Would be much more concerned by how adept Mour is at stifling top teams.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest