The Student Room Group

Japanese Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VickyDoodle

That's amazing for self-studying, you should be proud! :smile: If you're looking to go for the Snow Festival, book your hotel ASAP... I tried to go this year and couldn't get anything :frown:

Thank you!

Yeah I've heard that. I'll probably book a hotel as soon as I've confirmed my Tokyo accommodation. I already have a hotel in mind! :smile:
Just got an A in my GCSE hehe. Could've really got an A* but my A2s were just a little higher on my priority list
Original post by Iridann
Just got an A in my GCSE hehe. Could've really got an A* but my A2s were just a little higher on my priority list

Hey, congratulations!!! An A is no laughing matter, especially when done alongside A levels! <3
I got my JLPT results... 3 points off N2 :frown:
Not going to lie, I only studied for two days.. but aaagh - will I be seeing anyone there in December? :P
I got an A* on my Japanese GCSE! I only dropped 8 marks overall - all on my writing;;
100% in speaking, reading and listening though so I'm not too disappointed haha
In total I got 97.5% so I'm pretty proud!
Reply 2885
Original post by aqua-rina
I got an A* on my Japanese GCSE! I only dropped 8 marks overall - all on my writing;;
100% in speaking, reading and listening though so I'm not too disappointed haha
In total I got 97.5% so I'm pretty proud!

おめでとう!Considered doing it at A-level? :smile:
Original post by BWCW
おめでとう!Considered doing it at A-level? :smile:

I want to, as long as my school will host the exam (is host the right word?) I'll enter myself in it.
Reply 2887
Original post by aqua-rina
I want to, as long as my school will host the exam (is host the right word?) I'll enter myself in it.

すごいね!頑張れー
Really basic question from a beginner: If I wanted to say "My japanese teacher", would that be わたし の にほんご の せんせい? Or can you not chain のs?
Reply 2889
Original post by Plagioclase
Really basic question from a beginner: If I wanted to say "My japanese teacher", would that be わたし の にほんご の せんせい? Or can you not chain のs?

'Chaining' のs as you put it is fine as I'm aware. :smile: You may see it without the (i.e. 私の日本語先生・ わたしの にほんごせんせい), and might also see 教師 (きょうし) rather than 先生 (せんせい), as that's the word used when describing a teacher, as opposed to addressing them. But the way you've written it is perfectly understandable.
Original post by BWCW
'Chaining' のs as you put it is fine as I'm aware. :smile: You may see it without the (i.e. 私の日本語先生・ わたしの にほんごせんせい), and might also see 教師 (きょうし) rather than 先生 (せんせい), as that's the word used when describing a teacher, as opposed to addressing them. But the way you've written it is perfectly understandable.

Thank you!
Original post by LucyA
??????

Everybody loves Japanese :biggrin:

Please post if you:
-Speak Japanese
-Are Japanese
-Live in Japan
-Love Japan
-Love the culture of Japan
etc. etc!

Resources
The Japanese page - I found this very good for learning kana, it also has some grammar
Kanji dictionary - excellent
Japanese dictionary
LRNJ - small program/game for learning kana
The Kanji Site - a very good site for learning, well, kanji :smile:

To join, please check out this page

?????[/QUO

Spoiler

I am thinking of going summer school to japan so trying to learn the language, day by day , bit by bit :smile: Love the culture and language and the food (of course). :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Excalibur
みなさん、こんにちは!私は Excalibur で、日本人です。わからないことがあったら、聞いてください!

So yeah, I'm Japanese and Japanese is my first language. It's fantastic that people are wanting to learn it - there is so much depth to the language/culture, imo. (though of course I am biased :wink:) I haven't lived in Japan since I was six and only go back there sparingly, so my knowledge is probably a little out of date - and I am absolutely crap at grammar so don't ask me grammatical questions lol. But I do have a lot of Japanese friends, read a lot of Japanese books & go to Japanese school on Saturdays so I like to keep in touch with my country. :smile:

Hi I was thinking going summer school in japan, so I'm learning the language bit by bit :smile:
I love the culture and language and don't forget the food- I love the Asian food :smile: I have been brought up on eastern culture from when I was so I have always wanted to go. where are you based in the UK ??
Okay guys, help me out here: I'm considering trying to do Japanese AS and A2 in one year. I miiiiiiiight be able to get a tutor, but right now I'd be working on the assumption of self tutoring. Does anyone have any helpful vocab lists they'd be willing to share, or any advice, or any important tips?
Oh well, whenever I think about Japan, there are some characteristics of Japanese, honour and pride, which come into my mind and which I appreciate. Would be nice to face them one day in their country.
I just wrote a YouTube comment in Japanese. I feel so accomplished.
Original post by Plagioclase
I just wrote a YouTube comment in Japanese. I feel so accomplished.

What did you say? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
What did you say? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

このビデオは素晴らしいです!

As you can see, my Japanese is very advanced. :lol:
I'm hafu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending