The Student Room Group

Japanese Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RivalPlayer
Nah, I'm in south London.

oh I don't know much about South London.
In Finchley, I guarantee you will deffo bump into a japanese at least once every hour lol
In Acton there r schools dedicated for japanese and sometimes they open up for fairs etc. and they welcome everyone so yeah
maybe there might b similar stuff in south london?

Usually there r japanese people in areas where there is a japanese shop/ school etc.
Original post by rayestar
how was it? :biggrin:

so so good!!! there were 4 words I didn't know overall between the two papers; I had a go at them (the reading ones were so much easier obvs because kanji<3333) and looked them up after the exam and I got 3 out of 4 right, so if everything's gone to plan I've hooopefully gotten 100 on the reading and 98 on the listening???? but i have writing tomorrow so watch as that pulls my overall grade down to like a D or something QAQ i sent a past paper off to my teacher on thursday and she never got back to me so I'm panicking a lot over it because I've been having troubles with the longer question and just making sure to answer all the bullet points??? so i'm basically one big mess right now oops :^DDD how are you, how is life for you?
Original post by RivalPlayer
What's the best thing to say to them? Should I sing a popular J-pop song?

hmmm popular songs change all the time and people have different tastes.
I suggest you learn how to say that you wanna learn the culture in japanese.
Then they mite understand and speak to u. How old r u?
Original post by roarchika
so so good!!! there were 4 words I didn't know overall between the two papers; I had a go at them (the reading ones were so much easier obvs because kanji<3333) and looked them up after the exam and I got 3 out of 4 right, so if everything's gone to plan I've hooopefully gotten 100 on the reading and 98 on the listening???? but i have writing tomorrow so watch as that pulls my overall grade down to like a D or something QAQ i sent a past paper off to my teacher on thursday and she never got back to me so I'm panicking a lot over it because I've been having troubles with the longer question and just making sure to answer all the bullet points??? so i'm basically one big mess right now oops :^DDD how are you, how is life for you?

ah that sounds like good news. I was wondering how it went cos I think u told me u learnt it independently?? (if my memory is correct)
Good luck on your writing!! I'm sure you're gonna ace it if u did well on the other exams anyway :biggrin:
I haven't exactly started A level japanese course yet, but if it's just basic stuff that u want correction on whether it makes sense, I can help u on that. But since time is running out, I think it's best you learn key phrases that u can use in any kind of context.
My life's buried in gcse exams right now lol. I have 4 more exams on chemistry and physics. I was just procratinating on tsr tbh. I should be revising! Well now u knw ur not the only one in a mess now ahaha
ah that sounds like good news. I was wondering how it went cos I think u told me u learnt it independently?? (if my memory is correct)
Good luck on your writing!! I'm sure you're gonna ace it if u did well on the other exams anyway :biggrin:
I haven't exactly started A level japanese course yet, but if it's just basic stuff that u want correction on whether it makes sense, I can help u on that. But since time is running out, I think it's best you learn key phrases that u can use in any kind of context.
My life's buried in gcse exams right now lol. I have 4 more exams on chemistry and physics. I was just procratinating on tsr tbh. I should be revising! Well now u knw ur not the only one in a mess now ahaha

Yeah, I do learn it independently!! I have a tutor who I see once a week for an hour, where we go over my written work and she points out what I've gotten wrong, but the actual vocab/grammar etc I learn by myself.

Thank you, oh gosh I really hope so! I mean, on accuracy and stuff I'm fine and I can use 'complex structures' and stuff (relative clauses are my life) so technically I should be fine?? Just, ugh.

If the exam was any later, I'd probably ask you! But yeah, you're right; I'm just going over kanji and stuff, making sure I remember that with things like 始める I only need to right める and not じめる after the kanji (that's an actual mistake I make sometimes). Oh hey, are you doing the full A level over two years or are you doing the AS next year or...? You might have already told me, if you have then I'm sorry! I'm such a scatterbrain around this time of year :biggrin:

Waaaah 頑張って!I'm sure you'll do really well! Ahah, I should also be revising... I'm gonna go and like, paint my nails and eat cookies instead >-< thank you, it is comforting to know!!
Yeah, I do learn it independently!! I have a tutor who I see once a week for an hour, where we go over my written work and she points out what I've gotten wrong, but the actual vocab/grammar etc I learn by myself.

Thank you, oh gosh I really hope so! I mean, on accuracy and stuff I'm fine and I can use 'complex structures' and stuff (relative clauses are my life) so technically I should be fine?? Just, ugh.

If the exam was any later, I'd probably ask you! But yeah, you're right; I'm just going over kanji and stuff, making sure I remember that with things like 始める I only need to right める and not じめる after the kanji (that's an actual mistake I make sometimes). Oh hey, are you doing the full A level over two years or are you doing the AS next year or...? You might have already told me, if you have then I'm sorry! I'm such a scatterbrain around this time of year :biggrin:

Waaaah 頑張って!I'm sure you'll do really well! Ahah, I should also be revising... I'm gonna go and like, paint my nails and eat cookies instead >-< thank you, it is comforting to know!!

lol I'm japanese so I'm gonna do it independently. probs gonna take the exam around next year. I need to go over the kanji I've forgotten and some techniques for the exam, I might go to classes for A level japanese in UCL but I'm not sure yet. Dw, my brain is messed up right now too! :wink:

Oh yeah, did you like the One OK Rock song I linked on the post a little further up this thread?
lol I'm japanese so I'm gonna do it independently. probs gonna take the exam around next year. I need to go over the kanji I've forgotten and some techniques for the exam, I might go to classes for A level japanese in UCL but I'm not sure yet. Dw, my brain is messed up right now too! :wink:

Oh yeah, did you like the One OK Rock song I linked on the post a little further up this thread?

Ah, I do remember you telling me you were Japanese! I'm taking the full A level next year too, we should practice together sometime! (As much as one can for a language with no speaking exam, I suppose). I was looking at some A Level papers earlier today - the AS seems pretty easy (the essay is only 400 kanji) but the A2 seems a lot harder >-<. Ahh, UCL is super cool! I'm so jealous ;P

Yeah, I liked it a lot! I had it on repeat for the rest of that day, actually :biggrin:
I just got my degree results - a 2:1 in Spanish and Japanese .... with distinction in Spoken Japanese!
入学した時ひらがなさえ読めなかったが4年間頑張って話せるようになったな TT ビックリ!
Original post by VickyDoodle
I just got my degree results - a 2:1 in Spanish and Japanese .... with distinction in Spoken Japanese!

よくがんばったね!

すごいね!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo

書くことはまだ苦手だけど T_T
What are japanese people's view on interracial marriage?. To be specific marriage to black people or Arabs
I'm curious :colondollar:

うわー!本当にすばらしくておめでとうございます!!パーティーしようよ!!
うわー!本当にすばらしくておめでとうございます!!パーティーしようよ!!

ありがとう!
もうすぐパーティーする予定だけど送別会だ T_T でもそれも嬉しいことだね。。福島県への引越し!
思ったよりTSRは日本語できる人多いね!

書くことはまだ苦手だけど T_T
Hello everyone. I want to say the sentence- "wasn't this person meant to be the one that would buy?". Are both of these variations correct:

この人が買わなかつたの?
この人が買うんじゃなかつた?

For the first one, am I right to conjugate the verb 'to buy' into it's past-negative tense, and then add to give the sentence a tone that requests an explanation?

Thank you all
Just graduated with a 2:1 in Chinese with Japanese
Original post by super_kawaii
Just graduated with a 2:1 in Chinese with Japanese

おめでとう!いいですね。
How can I get TSR to stop displaying the question marks in Japanese sentences?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
おめでとう!いいですね。

ありがとう。My Japanese language marks were actually my worst-regularly low 2:2s. Chinese language saved me!

Quick Reply

Latest