Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Japanese Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniteen)
    Yeah, twice actually. But in the meantime I've lived in China for a year, and in London for another, and am back in Beijing for the moment. So my Japanese is really not up to scratch. But I took a higher intermediate course at SOAS in it, which is between levels JLPT 2 and 1, so hopefully I can do it.
    Why are you going to Japan? Year abroad?
    So jealous T_T You should be fine! If I was you I'd try and read lots of real Japanese like news articles, novels, essays etc maybe.
    Yeah I'll be going for my year abroad. Will be my first time in Japan and first time abroad at all. Excited
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash S)
    So jealous T_T You should be fine! If I was you I'd try and read lots of real Japanese like news articles, novels, essays etc maybe.
    Yeah I'll be going for my year abroad. Will be my first time in Japan and first time abroad at all. Excited
    Ha, my turn to feel jealous. You're probably young! I feel old and wrinkly! I'm already 21 years old. >< It might not look like much on the internet, but when I think that next year I will be 22 it is so scary! My degree is almost done (one more year) and I'm thinking of either going to study Chinese at Qinghua for a year, getting a job in London, or doing some form of masters either in the States or at Oxbridge. But I literally have no clue. >< Time is catching up on me! Ah!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably posting this in the wrong section but could you please help me out with this Japanese game? It's giving me this error and I have no idea what it means :/

Please take a look at the image attached. Many thanks <3
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xbeat error.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	163633  
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Near)
    I'm probably posting this in the wrong section but could you please help me out with this Japanese game? It's giving me this error and I have no idea what it means :/

With my limited knowledge of Kanji, I can tell from the katakana it's a fault with the server. Not very helpful, sorry!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paramore<3)
    With my limited knowledge of Kanji, I can tell from the katakana it's a fault with the server. Not very helpful, sorry!
    It's alright Maybe it's a maintenance or something. Thank you, dear <3
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Connection to server failed"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Near)

Connection to server failed.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who speak both Japanese and English? is there any member who would translate a Japanese lyric into English?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Is there anyone who speak both Japanese and English? is there any member who would translate a Japanese lyric into English?
    Sure thing

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    今日は。わたしは この スレッドに 書いた事 が ありません。どうぞよ しく。私は 十六才で 日本語 を 学ぶ事と日本の文化が 大好きです。

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Yeah, sure. As long as it's not incredibly long or written in Classical Japanese I can do it. =)
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    Sure thing
    Thanks for willingness!

(Original post by miniteen)
    Yeah, sure. As long as it's not incredibly long or written in Classical Japanese I can do it. =)
    Thanks to you too!

I will send you a private message and then you answer via an one. Is it okay? thanks again!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    今日は。わたしは この スレッドに 書いた事 が ありません。どうぞよ しく。私は 十六才で 日本語 を 学ぶ事と日本の文化が 大好きです。

ようこそ DrumChops-san! げんき?i?

こんにちわみんな-さん! Scootaloo-です
    私は4ねんからひとり 日本語をべんきょうを まして。
    カタカナと KANJI よわからない <--(If there are mistakes, please tell me and blame google phonetic type!)

Where is everyone ? This thread is very quite these days...

How is everybody getting on learning Japanese?

Was using Japanese for Busy people but it taught me how to speak like a Japanese business man:
    "はじめまして!ABC の Scoot-san です! どうぞ、私の名刺。。 ああ!すみません、い はかいしゃのPARTY!あ たの休みはいいか?OKA Y CALL ME MAYBE!"
    I recently nabbed Genki for a fraction of the price. The book is good but it is best for study with another person or a class because it asks you to ask questions to others to practice your Japanese, so its not great for me all alone.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    私は日本語を勉強する が好きです!

I'm definitely subscribing to this thread!

EDIT: Why is TSR ****ing up on ひらがな?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stifa)
    私は日本語を勉強する が好きです!

I'm definitely subscribing to this thread!

EDIT: Why is TSR ****ing up on ひらがな?
    It's not the hiragana, it just doesn't like lots of full-width characters in a row. If you put in some English spaces it'll be fine.
    たとえばこんな感じで 書けばいいと 思いますwww
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've been studying Japanese over the summer, my plan is to have learnt all Jōyō kanji (governments 2042 general use kanji) by the end of August (already know ~500) and then hopefully get a bit of grammar & sentences done after that I find by self studying that I lack speaking practice a lot, any suggestions?

有難うルイースです
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    わかりました!

I have only studied Japanese for a month, so I'm not that good yet. However, I've gone through 878 kanji through RtK and 325 sentences through anki, so I'm making a little progress. My vocabulary is expanding rather rapidly in my opinion.

I'm playing a few n64 games in Japanese, but it is hard to find any with furigana; both n64 zeldas are completely devoid of furigana, and they've got some difficult kanji in there, like 樹...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scootaloo)
    I recently nabbed Genki for a fraction of the price. The book is good but it is best for study with another person or a class because it asks you to ask questions to others to practice your Japanese, so its not great for me all alone.
    I never do those. I just study the written material thoroughly and focus on the grammar, then I add sentences with new stuff into the Anki SRS software to make it stick. (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.)

So far, it's been working wonders...
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello Japanese learners and people!

I still need a person who is able to translate a Japanese text into English. Is there anyone who speak Japanese fluently?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stifa)
    わかりました!

I have only studied Japanese for a month, so I'm not that good yet. However, I've gone through 878 kanji through RtK and 325 sentences through anki, so I'm making a little progress. My vocabulary is expanding rather rapidly in my opinion.

I'm playing a few n64 games in Japanese, but it is hard to find any with furigana; both n64 zeldas are completely devoid of furigana, and they've got some difficult kanji in there, like 樹...
    Hey, are you using the core2000 deck? If so, is there many kanji in the sentences which you haven't seen yet? I think you're a little ahead of me in terms of progress so far, i'm around frame 500 on RTK atm, hopefully want to get it out of the way by the end of August though.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.