The Student Room Group

Beauty Counters Makeup

I have a wedding to attend and i am in no means a professional in makeup :frown: so does anyone have any recommendations for good beauty counters/companies that do makeovers.

i have acne too so thats a pain to cover up
bump
Well Mac, Benefit, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury and Urban Decay are all really nice for makeovers. If you just tell them what you want to be able to achieve through your look, I am sure that they will be able to help you out. When I had to attend a wedding, they helped me out. Also, try the Body shop because they do a free full makeover and the artist applying the makeup will explain exactly what they are applying and which techniques they use.
Original post by CaliforNeema
Well Mac, Benefit, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury and Urban Decay are all really nice for makeovers. If you just tell them what you want to be able to achieve through your look, I am sure that they will be able to help you out. When I had to attend a wedding, they helped me out. Also, try the Body shop because they do a free full makeover and the artist applying the makeup will explain exactly what they are applying and which techniques they use.

thank you!! i might have to try a couple of places prior to the wedding to find the best place! but cheers xx
It's okay, I am glad that I could help x
If you need any help regarding hair, makeup or skincare, feel free to message me x
Hi

I would recommend MAC. They can do a makeover for approx £25/£30. You pay in advance and then this money is redeemable against a purchase that day. You get full makeup done. I have done it a few times. As acne is a slight issue, ask them to use less "pore blocking" products on your skin. They get really booked up though so call well own advance and go for a weekday early appointment if possible...

Happy to recommend a good quality skincare range to treat your acne.

Liz :h:
You can Try Makeup artists online. They charge you on discounted prices.

Makeup forever.
Mac is okay but sometimes their makeup can look Cakey in my opinion

Quick Reply

Latest