The Student Room Group

International student considering going for msc in London

Hi, i am currently considering applying for msc in finance at Imperial and LBS next year. One of my biggest considerations is the costs. For the tuition only, i will have to borrow the equivalent of approximately 18.000 punds (With todays rate). This is because the scholarship and cheap loan i get from the state, just covers about 12.000 pound of the tuition. Besides that, i will have approximately 1000 pounds to live for each month. I will save up some so lets say 1500 pounds to cover living expenses. Is this at all possible? Everyone says i should just drop it and go to HEC Paris or something because of the living costs.
£1000 is more than enough to live off in London as a student but you will have to budget. Most PhD students get paid about 1300-1500 a month so you'll be fine.
Really? How much should i expect to pay for accommodation?
You can get a range of accommodation from uni halls to room shares to your own place so do some research and work out what you can get for your money. I lived in a house share while I was a PhD student but that was a while ago and prices will have changed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending