The Student Room Group

Gap Year - Student Bank accounts

I'm doing a Gap Year with Pricewaterhouse Coopers next year, however for this I am moving to London, and I will have to pay a months rent upfront aswell as deposit, travelcard and then living costs. But I won't get paid until the end of the month

Does anyone know if the Student Bank accounts offered from Halifax, HSBC and Natwest etc cover Gap Year students? Becuase I don't think i will have saved enough money to cover me for the first few months

I know that HSBC have a Gap Year account, but it doesn't say how big the overdraft is. Does anyone know how much the limit is.

Also, Can anyone recommend a good credit card
Reply 1
You will probably only get a very small overdraft if anything. I'd suggest begging a loan off your parents if you can. You might want to talk to PwC about this - I'm somewhat surprised that they don't give you some money up front?

For credit cards, personally I'd recommend Nationwide. Fee free use abroad, and they apply payments in the order most beneficial to you. However, they're notoriously arsey about giving credit out...

Latest

Trending

Trending