Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scared I'll lose my friends in sixth form

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Okay so I know I may sound a little pathetic or whatever but I've very concerned that I won't have any friends in sixth form.

Recently, I've moved on to a new group of friends and they are more out going and fun, the others were very smart and too smart for me - I hardly had any lessons with them so we sort of drifted apart. I still want to be friends with them, but I really don't think they feel the same.

Anyway, with the new friendship group I feel like I might be pushed out of that as well because all my life I have been, maybe I'm just being paranoid I don't know.

However, the main issue is the fact that I know this one girl, who I hate and she hates me, is going to connect with this group in sixth form. They're her only proper friends, but she spent no time with us before as she was always with her boyfriend who I'm pretty sure will be going to college. We had a major fall out years ago,having been best friends, and we both despise each other. We've had an argument since but now we just don't speak to one another and it's always awkward when she's around and I feel like she's isolating me from everyone. I can't deal with 2 years of that, but it's gone past the faze where either of us can be friends again - we both hate Each other too much. It's a constant worry and I feel like I can barley breath everytime I think about it. Please help me.

On the bright side, you're probably going to lose your friends once you leave sixth form and everyone goes their own separate way? Students make and lose friends all the time. At this stage, it's not all about friends, rumours, gossip or petty squabbles - he said she said. Education is the most crucial part. The rest is just a personal learning experience to help you deal with life - because this sort of stuff won't be the first time, nor the last.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.