Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student Finance

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys,

    I have been applying to Student Finance England for the past two years for tuition fee and maintenance loan. This year in September I am going to be in my final year.

    I have applied for both my tuition fee and maintenance loan. I have sent the evidence required, and I have been awarded student finance based on my continued employment status as an EEA migrant worker.

    Unfortunately, my circumstances have changed. I am relocating and because of this I have to leave my current job.

    In order to get each instalment paid, I need to show evidence that I am in continued employment, starting from September.

    Student Finance England specify that in case my circumstances change or if I cease work I must contact them immediately.

    Would the tuition fee and the maintenance loan still be awarded? Or is it just the tuition fee that is going to be awarded in case of ceasing of employment?
    Do I still need to find another job? Can my parents support me financially until the end of my academic year?

    I have never been unemployed before in my previous applications, so I do not know how this works.

    Since this is my final year I would prefer to concentrate on my studies in order to achieve a higher class degree.

    Thank you for your help in advance.
    • Thread Starter

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 20, 2016
I want...
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.