The Student Room Group

away on results day

i am going to be on holiday in canada during results day and was planning on waiting until i got home to sort out my results, my question is do i need to take any immediate action depending on whether or not i got the grades needed for my offer.
if you get your offer that is fine and you generally don't to do anything immediately (other than sort accommodation if that hasn't been done)

if you don't get the offer and still want to try for the uni you had a place at or another through clearing then the results day can be a bit hectic in looking at what is available, being on the phone etc.

tricky if abroad!
Original post by johnr8910
i am going to be on holiday in canada during results day and was planning on waiting until i got home to sort out my results, my question is do i need to take any immediate action depending on whether or not i got the grades needed for my offer.

I'd strongly suggest postponing your holiday if you can. Ideally, it'd be best for you to stay here during results day to make sure you can act quickly if you miss your offer. At the very least, make sure you have internet access and are willing to make phone calls to Uni's if you do end up missing your offer. :smile:
Original post by johnr8910

As everyone above states - ideally make sure you have internet access and a way to phone the UK.

Also see if you can arrange to collect your results over the phone or send someone on your behalf (usually you'll need to give permission in writing for this to happen).

How long after results are you away for? Check to find out when your firm (or insurance) universities allocate accommodation and how long you have to accept an offer (it's common for accommodation offers to go out on the day or days after results with a 5 day window to accept (and provide a deposit) - if you're away for another week then that will be tricky).

Do you have a back up plan for a gap year if things don't go as planned? That would be a better option than trying to use clearing from outside the country.
yo'll need track but most hotels have free wifi if you go in to clearing then thats tricky make sure you can call from abroad and have roaming enabled on your phone good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending