The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Additional Qualifications While Studying?

Hi all,

I've just started a placement (I'm a 3rd year Business Student at Loughborough) at a training firm and they offer training to a load of companies. I won't name the company I'm working for because I'm not trying to advertise or sell anything. So there's a course that really appealed to me as someone who will soon be looking for a graduate job, called 'PRINCE2', which is the most widely recognised certificate in Project Management (loads of managers have this certificate) . This is genuinely something that most of us could benefit from having on a CV, whether it's business students like myself or students who have studied something else but would like a bridging qualification to become more employable in business/financial sectors.

Anyway, for me, I'm a bit bewildered as to why they've never pushed for students to achieve these kinds of certifications? I'm a business student myself I already know I'll be doing this PRINCE2 because it looks ridiculously good on a CV. This really isn't me trying to sell something to the lot of you, but as students, would you take an internationally recognised course like PRINCE2? The quality of the certification and the training are genuinely really good and I don't see why we aren't getting the opportunity to get these things on a CV and compete with those who have been working for a lot longer than us.

Any and all honest thoughts are welcome!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending