The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

I cant choose between loughborough and SOTON

STON has Russel group status, but is low ranked for the subject i want to study. It has a nice campus however Lougborough seemed to have better people and the sporty vibe i think is good for your life

Cant choose!
Is loughborough higher ranked for the subject you want to study?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by an_atheist
Is loughborough higher ranked for the subject you want to study?

Its higher ranked in pretty much everything lol(inc. my subject)
Original post by Mvpmb
Its higher ranked in pretty much everything lol(inc. my subject)

Then I would go to Loughborough, it sonds like you quite liked the place anyway. Do you have another choice left?
Original post by Mvpmb
STON has Russel group status, but is low ranked for the subject i want to study. It has a nice campus however Lougborough seemed to have better people and the sporty vibe i think is good for your life

Cant choose!

Not sure if this is helpful but I went to soton and my bro went to Lobo so I know a bit about both of them!

Soton= really great uni and campus, very cheap rent and nights out, bit of a dirty city but in a fun way

Loughborough= ridiculously cool campus with loads of sports access, bit in the middle of nowhere so I think less nightlife but my bro did enjoy it and I think the on-campus housing is nice.
Which subject you looking at?
I went to Loughborough and it's a nice place. It gets voted best student experience for a reason, there's loads of clubs, sports facilities for all levels, great library and workspaces. The town is small and a bit in the middle of nowhere but it's 10-20 mins by train to Nottingham/Leicester/Derby and 1hr20 to London so it's easy to get somewhere bigger. They have put a proper complex in the town center now so there's a cinema and more chain places to eat and there are plenty of clubs - they're just cheaper than cities! It's also nice to have plenty of countryside and parks around if you're into that sort of thing.

also, on campus housing isn't super cheap but once you move out rents are very low, mine was like £58 a week incl. bills
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mvpmb

Cant choose!

Any difference in ranking between Southampton and Loughborough is highly unlikely to make a difference to your career prospects if that is what you are worried about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending