The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

queen mary accommodation- 191st on waiting list... anyone else?!

queen mary is my first choice uni for this september.... they said i was 191st on waiting list for campus accommodation?
Anyone have any suggestions?!
Original post by sophiemorrow
queen mary is my first choice uni for this september.... they said i was 191st on waiting list for campus accommodation?

We're very close to private uni accommodation - Scape and UNITE if you want the student accommodation experience. If not check out the QMUL forums for people looking for flatmates, or find some people yourself! There will be a lot of people in similar situations! Maybe apply and keep checking throughout the term though as some people may leave :smile: -Sarah
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Hi Sophie, I am the same. Been told today that I am very unlikely to get a room on-campus and am really quite gutted about it. I've been looking at some private halls but they're so expensive. What are you going to do for accommodation in September? Are you a little bit stuck like me?Kyle :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Kyle Mayhew
Hi Sophie, I am the same. Been told today that I am very unlikely to get a room on-campus and am really quite gutted about it. I've been looking at some private halls but they're so expensive. What are you going to do for accommodation in September? Are you a little bit stuck like me?Kyle :smile:

I have no idea.... thinking about going into clearing and choosing another uni on the day...
cant find anything affordable :frown:
I have no idea.... thinking about going into clearing and choosing another uni on the day...

Beware of going into clearing for this reason as often applicants at universities who come in as insurance or clearing places have the same issues with accomodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you please tell the date when you submitted your online application to the housing services?
If there's anyone interested in a flatshare, I can give you details. There's a room going in a beautiful Victorian house right next to Stepney Green station. Cephas Avenue. Less than a 10 minute walk to uni

Omg ermm. I'm in the same Omg ermm. I'm in the same predicament. How'd you find out what number you are on the waiting??
I just got an email telling me to look on the alternative housing. Think about going into clearing aswell

Original post by OmoBolanle
Omg ermm. I'm in the same Omg ermm. I'm in the same predicament. How'd you find out what number you are on the waiting??
I just got an email telling me to look on the alternative housing. Think about going into clearing aswell

https://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/flat-share-for-queen-mary-students-beautiful-victorian-house-10-mins-from-uni/1182295776

£160 a week (price slightly flexible) and less than a 10 minute walk to uni. It's also right by Sherren house accommodation so there'll be plenty of first years in the area. Pictures aren't great but I can arrange a viewing for anyone that can make it. Also trying to get better pictures. It's a good deal for the area. Cheaper than student accommodation in the area.

Please let me know if you've got any questions
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9

On most websites that offer room/flat/house rentals there's a tab specifically for students. Have a look and you'll just end up living in a house with other students as part of private tenancy, some houses might be a lil far from the uni but it's better than nothing!

Hi! I have an En-suite room available at Unite's Station Court student hall (Seven Sisters, Victoria line), £181/week, 40-week contract. Contract starts September 10th. Please text me if interested :smile:
Reply 11
Hii, I booked a studio in scape east but unfortunately it has turned out that I can't stay there anymore so I need to find someone to take over my contract asap. The room is on the 5th floor and is overlooking queen mary campus (it's across the road from uni). As it's a studio it has a private bathroom and a well-equipped kitchenette. The price is 240pw and the move in date is the 17th of september. Message me for more info!!

I stayed there this year and it was perfect. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, is this still available?
Hi, is this room still available?
Original post by Silvia55
Hi! I have an En-suite room available at Unite's Station Court student hall (Seven Sisters, Victoria line), £181/week, 40-week contract. Contract starts September 10th. Please text me if interested :smile:
Original post by aamowen07
Hi, is this still available?

Hi, I also have a room available at scape east that I cant stay in anymore.
its on the 6th floor overlooking the canary wharf and its £245 per week.
pls contact me if you're interested.
Hello! How do you know where you are in the waiting list? I'm looking for people in their first year to share with and accommodation. I'm going to be studying Comparative Literature at Queen Mary. Usman.
Original post by apocacryptic
https://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/flat-share-for-queen-mary-students-beautiful-victorian-house-10-mins-from-uni/1182295776

£160 a week (price slightly flexible) and less than a 10 minute walk to uni. It's also right by Sherren house accommodation so there'll be plenty of first years in the area. Pictures aren't great but I can arrange a viewing for anyone that can make it. Also trying to get better pictures. It's a good deal for the area. Cheaper than student accommodation in the area.

Please let me know if you've got any questions
Reply 16
Is this still available ?
Original post by tee.a
Is this still available ?

Yes! Please message me for more information.
Reply 18
I'm looking for a replacement for my room at Scape (on the same road as the uni). The replacement contract will start in January but you can move in as early as this week as I'm leaving. Message me for more details.
Reply 19
this is scary!!! anyone know if your chances are boosted if you are coming from abroad (northern ireland)??? accommodation has always been one my big worries when thinking about uni across the water!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending