The Student Room Group

Best exam board for science gcse?

Hello,

I recently just finished my second year of university but when I was in high school, I left in year 10 and became homeschooled. I eventually took my GCSE's at my local College and when I was given an option of either humanities or sciences, I elected for the humanities option which means I am without a science GCSE.
I am looking at potentially doing a PGCE after I complete my degree and a science GCSE is part of the entry requirement, so I was wondering if you would be able to advise me about which exam board I should try and do it with as an external candidate?

Thank you*
AQA is okay..
Reply 2
Up until year 10 for me my school did AQA but then we switched to Edexcel. I personally find Edexcel easier because the content is much easier. AQA goes more in depth with the topics. Also my teachers have said that AQA questions are harder so they test us using those instead of Edexcel because if you can answer AQA questions you can pretty much do Edexcel.

If you do Edexcel and are revising a topic you should look at AQA notes because they go more in depth and it is better for your understanding even though you may not need to know it.

Overall I think Edexcel is in a way slightly better because it is an easier exam board.

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you for the replies. I will probably look at doing it with Edexcel as you've made it sound pretty comfortable Serena!
Reply 4
I don't do Aqa but I have heard AQA is very hard.This year biology paper was extremely hard and terrible.Source :http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/05/17/students-left-fuming-over-gcse-biology-exam-that-contained-quest/
(edited 7 years ago)
Which is harder? OCR 21st Century or AQA?
I did OCR and it wasn't too difficult, can't talk about other exam boards though

Quick Reply

Latest