The Student Room Group

What qualities does your best friend(s) have?

What makes a friend 'genuine'? Why do they stand out from your other friends?

Just interested in your opinions. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Loyalty
Reply 2
Original post by tianshan
What makes a friend 'genuine'? Why do stand out from your other friends?

A friend who always has my back and actually initiates conversations and asks me out to hang out instead of me doing that, because I do it 100% of the time.
We are really similar
Reply 4

umm if they care for you, are loyal, with u no matter what, always stick up for you etc
Reply 5

I have no friends rip me
Reply 6
Original post by timebent
I have no friends rip me

Oh dear

The properties of my best friend are:

Silence, intangibility, invisibility oh and...

Spoiler

Reply 8
Oh dear

i agree

My best friends have different qualities that contrast each other. I'm best friends with one because our family life is similar and we understand each other so well(I can tell when she's pissed and I help her, and she can tell when I'm pissed and she helps me, close with another because she's always been with me and we've stuck by each other for years, and my other bestie(I KNOW THE CRINGE SAYING BESTIE BUT UNOE) because she makes so much sacrifices for me.
Oh dear

I could say then No-one is my best friend :biggrin: xD
That they stand by me through my worst when it comes to my mental health and they don't get weirded out or judge me whenever I turn to them with a problem or worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
They don't hold back on anything, and say extremely offensive jokes to me... though I'm not sure we're best friends anymore (we've all moved on and are heading eslewhere).
My best friend is loyal, genuine, kind, friendly, funny, caring, honest, open. That is what makes her such a brilliant best friend.

From a more personal/anecdotal point of view, what makes her the best friend I could ever have asked for is that, no matter what, no matter how long we haven't seen each other for (she is a parent of 3 now and we live a few hours apart now, so it's a few months sometimes now), no matter what is happening, there is no one I would rather turn to when I need someone.

The night my mum told me she had cancer I texted my best friend and just said 'Hi, how are you? My mum has cancer.' Within half an hour, my best friend was at my house, to go for a walk around the block with me where we talked briefly about that and then talked about random childish sh*t for the night. The evening my mum died, my best friend drove up our road and on seeing the ambulance outside (with the front door open so they could get in and out easily), she just came straight in, I came out of my bedroom to see her running up the stairs. My best friend was the person who arrived at the hospital two minutes after my mum died, who I stood in a corridor with in A&E as we just hugged each other and sobbed. She was the person who cooked dinner for us when we got home that night, who I talked to for hours, the only person who could ever manage to make me smile still on such an awful night. She was the person who texted me just to say she'd been thinking of my mum and it had made her cry, who came in the funeral car with us and sat next to me at my mum's funeral.

We've done all the normal growing up stuff together - shopping trips, theme parks, cinema, swimming, holidays, getting drunk. But growing up together, watching her become such a brilliant parent and being so proud, having her with me during the worst time of my life, and still managing to fall straight into random silly chats, reminiscing and gossiping as soon as we see each other, is what makes our friendship so amazing. :smile:
My best friend is honest, caring, funny and open minded

Quick Reply

Latest