The Student Room Group

confused regarding personal statements and bmat

Hi im starting year 12 this September and was wondering if anyone could help as im a bit confused regarding dates. When do you have to do your personal statement would it be September 2017 in my case? Also, for the course im hoping to take i have to take the bmat, is this taken after the personal statement?

Many thanks.
Original post by kittycraig22
Hi im starting year 12 this September and was wondering if anyone could help as im a bit confused regarding dates. When do you have to do your personal statement would it be September 2017 in my case? Also, for the course im hoping to take i have to take the bmat, is this taken after the personal statement?

Many thanks.

You'll need to submit your Personal Statement by October 2017 (presuming you're applying for Medicine/Veterinary) so it'd be best to start it in the summer of next year. You'll do the BMAT in November (or maybe late October) 2017.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by kittycraig22

Many thanks.

Hi kittycraig22

Always a very good idea to familiarise yourself with all your important dates well ahead of time, as you are doing!

Assuming that you are applying for medicine or dentistry you will need to submit your UCAS application, including personal statement, by 15th October 2017. You would sit your BMAT after that, in November 2017.

I hope that helps. Give me a shout if we can answer any more questions for you.

UniAdmissions

Quick Reply

Latest