Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

New GCSEs revision guides

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm doing my GCSEs in 2017 and I was wondering what are the best revision guides for the new maths and english exams(the ones grades 9-1)? I'm doing the OCR board for maths and AQA for english. I'm also taking Geography(Edexcel), History(AQA), German(AQA), and triple science(AQA) so if you could recommend any good revision guides for those subjects too, it would be a big help!
    Thank you!

Definitely the CGP Revision Guides. I've ordered the Maths ones, had a flick through and they seem brilliant, especially as they have a Workbook and an Exam Workbook (then again I'm doing AQA). And as for the English Rev. Guides, all the CGP ones are great, especially the poetry ones (unseen and seen) and all the language and literature. I also recommend the York Notes for the texts you're doing, they're fab at giving great quotes etc. Also for science once again CGP are great, and they also have 10 Min Workbooks which are really useful. I don't do History or German, and I'm doing OCR Geography, but all I'm saying is CGP all the way. (P.S to order them I'd use Wordery as the shipping is free and their emails are just so lovely)!

Thank you for the reply. I was going to order the CGP books but I've heard they lack in detail sometimes and especially for the new GCSEs, which are harder, I wasn't sure whether to go with them or not

(Original post by dania.abdalla)
    Thank you for the reply. I was going to order the CGP books but I've heard they lack in detail sometimes and especially for the new GCSEs, which are harder, I wasn't sure whether to go with them or not
    I'd definitely go for them. As I said the Maths one is great (but I'm doing AQA), but if you're not sure then maybe go to a Waterstones near you and flick through the ones you're not sure about to get an idea of what you want. As for English, it really is a massive life saver. My teacher asked us to get it as it's the best one, so if she recommended it I'm assuming it's great (and also detailed). Seriously, it saved me when we went through some of the poems!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.