The Student Room Group

Is this person serious??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neal95
So this person I am speaking to is very nice and pleasant and I find their personality alluring etc etc. However I have never actually met this person and every time I try to establish a meet, an excuse is made/always comes up before I can get down........this person suffers from a myriad of problems including low self esteem/depression or whatever.......do you think there is any chance I will actually meet this person? Do you suffer from similar self esteem issues and if so does this affect you meeting new people? Hopefully someone experiencing similar can give me an insight into these issues thanks

You need to be careful. You've said you've never skyped, nor do you have her number, fb, whatsapp, etc - how do you know this person you're speaking to is really a female? For all you know it could be a predator or a catfish.

I don't mean to put a damper on you, but please, please be cautious with what you're doing and stay safe.
Original post by neal95
nope, they are quite sheltered/innocent though so I doubt it

Awh bless. Tell her it takes like 2 mins to download and it's really easy to use and a better platform for communication. Wait.. how do you guys communicate? You can ignore the last question if you want :lol: I'm thinking catfish as well...
Original post by celloel
You need to be careful. You've said you've never skyped, nor do you have her number, fb, whatsapp, etc - how do you know this person you're speaking to is really a female? For all you know it could be a predator or a catfish.

I don't mean to put a damper on you, but please, please be cautious with what you're doing and stay safe.

yeah ngl I have had my suspicions actually, but then there is some pretty personal **** and other stuff which I have managed to verify from google, plus the behaviour exhibited dosent seem to be that of a catfish i.e they are not obsessive or trying to get bank details etc....then again some people might have a personality disorder or do it just for kicks maybe?
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Awh bless. Tell her it takes like 2 mins to download and it's really easy to use and a better platform for communication. Wait.. how do you guys communicate? You can ignore the last question if you want :lol: I'm thinking catfish as well...

through tsr :L :colondollar:
Original post by neal95
so do you recommend me to keep perservering or not bother? shall I wait for her to chat to me or message her first?

I think you should wait , and message her , just give her time and after that if that does not work you should just leave her maybe , I don't know what other way to say but if you get too close and she is just dragging you along you could get hurt in the end . Which I would not want to happen to you :smile:
Original post by Ria25
I think you should wait , and message her , just give her time and after that if that does not work you should just leave her maybe , I don't know what other way to say but if you get too close and she is just dragging you along you could get hurt in the end . Which I would not want to happen to you :smile:

that sounds like a plan tbh :smile: I am not one of those people to get hurt, I just need to know where I stand tbh cuz if there is no prospect then I'm happy to call it quits, just rather save time and effort if its gonna end unsuccessfuly anyway
Original post by neal95
through tsr :L :colondollar:

Oh I thought it was through a dating app.. was thinking why are they being so shy.But erm.. realisation. They could be reading this thread rn??
Original post by neal95
that sounds like a plan tbh :smile: I am not one of those people to get hurt, I just need to know where I stand tbh cuz if there is no prospect then I'm happy to call it quits, just rather save time and effort if its gonna end unsuccessfuly anyway

Yes it is and tbh it's very true why waste time on someone when you give everything up for them a bs they cannot even give a little bit of their own time for you . And I understand and that's good that you are like that because it just makes you less likely to get hurt ,:wink:
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Oh I thought it was through a dating app.. was thinking why are they being so shy.But erm.. realisation. They could be reading this thread rn??

maybe it will kick their ass in gear if they do read it :wink:

Original post by Ria25
Yes it is and tbh it's very true why waste time on someone when you give everything up for them a bs they cannot even give a little bit of their own time for you . And I understand and that's good that you are like that because it just makes you less likely to get hurt ,:wink:

yep I am like a robot sometimes I try to eliminate emotions when making decision, maybe too much ha
Original post by neal95
maybe it will kick their ass in gear if they do read it :wink:

yep I am like a robot sometimes I try to eliminate emotions when making decision, maybe too much ha

Looool best of luck to both you guys :'P
Original post by neal95

You have great talent in that and are skilled in doing that , but I wouldn't say your a robot .:wink:
Original post by Ria25
You have great talent in that and are skilled in doing that , but I wouldn't say your a robot .:wink:

I'm gonna take that as a compliment :P
Original post by neal95
I'm gonna take that as a compliment :P

I meant it as a compliment , sorry if you were offended by what I said ;(
Original post by neal95
So this person I am speaking to is very nice and pleasant and I find their personality alluring etc etc. However I have never actually met this person and every time I try to establish a meet, an excuse is made/always comes up before I can get down........this person suffers from a myriad of problems including low self esteem/depression or whatever.......do you think there is any chance I will actually meet this person? Do you suffer from similar self esteem issues and if so does this affect you meeting new people? Hopefully someone experiencing similar can give me an insight into these issues thanks

No, no she isn’t serious and clearly never was
Original post by kandykissesxox
No, no she isn’t serious and clearly never was

omg i totally agree with you hun! I think I have found someone who is more of a match for me though! thanks for the moral support xoxoxoxo
Original post by neal95
omg i totally agree with you hun! I think I have found someone who is more of a match for me though! thanks for the moral support xoxoxoxo

Maybe you’ve met your match, anyway good luck - I hope it works out! Do keep us posted

Byeeeeeee

Quick Reply