The Student Room Group

ucas question

hey guys,

i applied to universities this year and got two offers, but now i've changed my mind and do not want to go to any of these unis so i made a new account this morning (on ucas) and will apply to 2008 instead, so my question is "what do i do when the unis answer, will i just decline the offers from the 2 unis and apply to six new unis with my new account?" :confused:
Reply 1
You cant send off your new application (2008 entry) until 1st September. By then you will already have told you firm offer whether or not your going. The 2 cycles dont overlap-i.e. you wont receive more offers for the next year, if you still havent decided what you're doing this year...if that nakes sense?! :wink:
So, in august when the universities ask if you're going or not (i think there's some AS12 letter or something like that!) you tell them yes or no. If you say no, then your application for 2007 entry has finished and it's all over; then you're ready for the 2008 entry cycle. That's what i plan to do :biggrin:
Plus, its only 5 choices for 2008 entry- the usual 4 for med/dent/vet still apply though...
Reply 2
If you don't want to go to university this year then you can just withdraw completely from this years cycle.
thejester
If you don't want to go to university this year then you can just withdraw completely from this years cycle.

:ditto: If you do want to go to uni this year, but not to either of the ones you have offers from, you'll need to decline them (or ask them to release you if you've already accepted them as your firm and insurance) and reapply through Clearing when it opens on results day in August. If you do that, you won't need a 2008 account.

Latest