The Student Room Group

LSE GCSE Requirements.

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but can I get into LSE with 10 A* at GCSE? The only reason I ask is because I saw threads from others who said that they know people with 10/11 A* who did not get into LSE. Also, what is the minimum number of A* at GCSE you need to go to the university?
Original post by dp00
I know this may seem like a stupid question, but can I get into LSE with 10 A* at GCSE? The only reason I ask is because I saw threads from others who said that they know people with 10/11 A* who did not get into LSE. Also, what is the minimum number of A* at GCSE you need to go to the university?

If someone didnt get in with 10 or 11 A*s, the reason is likely to be the AS/A2 grades not meeting the entry requirements (maybe in combination with a poor personal statement or reference)
As far as I know, LSE just want at least a B in gcse english and maths, and 5 passes between A* and C overall. For some courses the requirements might be more specific, but there isnt a minimum number of A*s or anything, just ace your a levels!! So yes, you could definitely get in with 10A*s, that's definitely more than most people have

Quick Reply

Latest