The Student Room Group

I think my mums having an affair (long)

Basically, it all started a while ago when my mum got her new phone. She had a brick phone then upgraded to a smartphone. Before her new phone she had never had Facebook, so now she has it. She joined a group for a holiday place which she loves and people share pictures of the beach or tell the temperatures on this Facebook group page. Me and my dad started to realise that this old man started to post on her wall asking how she was and how her day was but he always commented on her posts of me mum and dad and wished us all a merry Christmas, so we assumed he was just lonely as he was also a member of this group my mum was in. But then we went on holiday to Florida a few months back and as we were queuing for s ride we were all on our phones using the Disney world free wifi. Mum had been on her phone CONSTANTLY while we where on holiday so far so I looked out the corner of my eyes while she was in Facebook messenger and I noticed that she was messaging a man called Alan with 3 kisses. I quickly confronted her and asked her who Alan was and she said and I quote "he works with me, why do you think I'm having some sort of affair? I love your dad and I always will". So I looked at his full name on her screen and searched him on Facebook and it only said "1 mutual friend" (my mum) and his bio said he was from somewhere else (not where we live). So after a couple of months of being back, mum was still on her phone alllll the time. One night me mum and dad went to a rugby match and dads phone was getting spammed with whatsapp notifications from a friend who I can't remember the name of saying ".... Sent you a photo" and there was at least 12 notifications. So we were all sat looking at his phone and the pictures were screenshots of messages on Facebook messenger and they were blurry but I could faintly see my mums profile picure on one of the photos. So my mum said "let me have a look" and then left the seats and said "I'm just gonna look outside I can't see the pictures" so me and dad waited for about 5/10 minutes and we're both really concerned as it was a bit strange. She came back in and said "all them photos were of me I've accidentally sent you loads of pictures of me pouting so I've deleted them haha" and then dad looked at his whatsapp conversations and the one with my mum was still on there so she had deleted a conversation with another person that's sent my dad photos of screenshots of a Facebook messenger chat (confusing I know). So I have a feeling that someone has been sent screenshots of my mums conversations with someone and sent them to my dad. It's just all very strange and I'm really concerned and don't know what to do. If anyone could help or give me advice is appreciate it. I'm 15 and an only child living with my parents and I can't bare the thought of my mum messaging other men while still married to my dad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending