The Student Room Group

all alone after uni

Im all alone and im depressed. I come home from work and I slump in front of the sofa.

During uni, I had all the friends in the world. I could call someone up and we would go out and do something.

All my friends live far away, work and some have Gfs, so they dont meet up. And once you stop meeting up in person, texts and calls dry up and eventually people become distant.

Ive lost touch with home friends from school.

So what do I do? The place I work, the employees are three times my age, so thats a no go.

Im not looking for a GF, I just want some friends who I can go out with, have a few drinks after work or just have silly conversations on facetime. I just miss those days.
Original post by freedom
Im all alone and im depressed. I come home from work and I slump in front of the sofa.

During uni, I had all the friends in the world. I could call someone up and we would go out and do something.

All my friends live far away, work and some have Gfs, so they dont meet up. And once you stop meeting up in person, texts and calls dry up and eventually people become distant.

Ive lost touch with home friends from school.

So what do I do? The place I work, the employees are three times my age, so thats a no go.

Im not looking for a GF, I just want some friends who I can go out with, have a few drinks after work or just have silly conversations on facetime. I just miss those days.

Maybe join a club of some kind? Take up a new sport or do some volunteering :smile: might not make friends instantly but gets you out and about at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Butterfly9595
Maybe join a club of some kind? Take up a new sport or do some volunteering :smile: might not make friends instantly but gets you out and about at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im a sporty person, but where do you find these clubs from?
Original post by freedom
Im a sporty person, but where do you find these clubs from?

What sport do you like? Go on the national website for that sport, see what clubs are registered and if there are any near you :smile: how I managed to find something to do this summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Butterfly9595
What sport do you like? Go on the national website for that sport, see what clubs are registered and if there are any near you :smile: how I managed to find something to do this summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

football and squash, but i can play much more as i am quite athletic
Original post by freedom
football and squash, but i can play much more as i am quite athletic

Must be football and squash clubs in your area - have you had a search? Or maybe try something new like rowing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending