The Student Room Group

Good idea? Would it be beneficial?

So I've been finding out about ideas for medical school, as in things you can do to research medicine and learn about it before university. One thing which came up was having a medical journal which you ask other people to participate in, most likely anonymously. I think the idea would be to gather people experiences, as patients, professionals or a mixture.

Does anyone think this would be a good idea and beneficial? It interests me, I'm not sure how interesting universities would find it though? Also, if you think this is a good idea, have you any further suggestions? For example, would it be better to base the journal around an area in specifically interested in, or have it about the whole of medicine, with all its aspects. Thanks so much!
If you're really interested in it then go for it but don't do it just for the sake of applying to med school. It may get a brief mention in your PS but they'd much rather see work experience and volunteering that's relevant. You should also be able to reflect on your experience and talk about why it's made you want to do medicine and develop skills that'll make you a good doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending